What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Block List and Allow list are the SAME

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Block List and Allow list are the SAME
Author: Message:
tosuncuk

47 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Block List and Allow list are the SAME

Dear all,
My allow list and contact list is the same. I could not solve the problem. I import offline blocker then delete. After this my list is blocking automaticly by MLP.
10-08-2007 09:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME
I don't quite understand what's going on here. Everybody who is on your contact list should be on the allow list unless you blocked them (then they'll be on the block list). What is this offline blocker you are on about? What is it supposed to do and where did you get it? What is it you are trying to solve?

This post was edited on 10-08-2007 at 10:12 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-08-2007 10:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tosuncuk

47 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I don't quite understand what's going on here. Everybody who is on your contact list should be on the allow list unless you blocked them (then they'll be on the block list). What is this offline blocker you are on about? What is it supposed to do and where did you get it? What is it you are trying to solve?

I will explain again. First I am using WLM 8.1 and MLP 4.23. As you know Messenger Live Plus imports some scripts. I download the "Offline Blocker2" from http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/search/?q=offline
Then I uninstall all programs about MSN. Offline Blocker is a script that; Blocks contacts as soon as they become offline. Unblocks them when they appear online again. When I unistall it. My messenger blocks whole my list. I unblock them by manually one by one then sign out. I sign in again. My list blocked again. Then I write to Microsoft Support. They suggest some solutions to clean my registry, contact list files etc. I couldnt. I formatted my computer. Reason: SAME. Now I checked my privacy. Block list and allow list are SAME. Then I deleted all my contacts   from my list. And add again. Reason SAME.
10-09-2007 06:19 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
1. Did uninstalling the script work as should (dissapeared from the list in Plus > Preferences > General >Scripts after you uninstalled it)?

2. Is the folder of that script still there in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts ?
If so deleting it should solve the problem. Exit Messenger incase it is still using some of the files in there, which i expect so as the script is still workin whilst it shouldn't anymore.

Hmm you say you reformatted...and still it blocks your contacts? I don't see how this is possible unless it "corrupted" the contact list on the server. To try and fix that you can clear out the contact cache as follows:
- Exit WLMessenger
- Delete the two contact caches (folders) corresponding with your passport in the following folders:
WinXP:
%userprofile%\contacts
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Windows Vista:
%userprofile%\contacts
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

(these folders are hidden so make sure you turn on "show hidden files/folders")

After that log in to messenger again. If your contacts are still blocked unblock them one by one and sing out again. Now if you restart Messenger again none of your contacts should be blocked.

This post was edited on 10-09-2007 at 10:24 AM by Sunshine.
10-09-2007 10:24 AM
tosuncuk

47 / Male / Flag
quote:
1. Did uninstalling the script work as should (dissapeared from the list in Plus > Preferences > General >Scripts after you uninstalled it)?

2. Is the folder of that script still there in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts ?
If so deleting it should solve the problem. Exit Messenger incase it is still using some of the files in there, which i expect so as the script is still workin whilst it shouldn't anymore.

Hmm you say you reformatted...and still it blocks your contacts? I don't see how this is possible unless it "corrupted" the contact list on the server. To try and fix that you can clear out the contact cache as follows:
- Exit WLMessenger
- Delete the two contact caches (folders) corresponding with your passport in the following folders:
WinXP:
%userprofile%\contacts
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Windows Vista:
%userprofile%\contacts
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

(these folders are hidden so make sure you turn on "show hidden files/folders")

After that log in to messenger again. If your contacts are still blocked unblock them one by one and sing out again. Now if you restart Messenger again none of your contacts should be blocked.

Thanks but ı tried all of them. I cleaned my registiry, my folders include any WLM an MLP files...also hidden. I wrote to Microsoft support. They suggest some solutions. I tried delete all of my contacts and unblock them. And than signed in again... Look up.. The reason is same. ınteresting allow list and block list is same. I delete block list to allow list them wait... But it blocked again automaticly.
Thanks.
10-09-2007 11:27 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
What happens if you sign with the same addy on another computer? If they are all blocked there unblock them..sign out (file > sign out) and sign in on other computer again...any change?

This post was edited on 10-09-2007 at 11:37 AM by Sunshine.
10-09-2007 11:34 AM
tosuncuk

47 / Male / Flag
quote:
What happens if you sign with the same addy on another computer? If they are all blocked there unblock them..sign out (file > sign out) and sign in on other computer again...any change?

I tried it an another computer. But same...:(
10-09-2007 11:40 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Does it automaticly block them if you sign in, unblock, sign-out and sign in on that other computer too? You never installed that script on that computer right?
10-09-2007 11:42 AM
tosuncuk

47 / Male / Flag
quote:
Does it automaticly block them if you sign in, unblock, sign-out and sign in on that other computer too? You never installed that script on that computer right?

yes it is true. automaticly blocking them. Yes I signed in and on this compuder never script installed. Please give me your msn contact to show you. If ıt is possible.
10-09-2007 11:50 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Adding me to your contacts won't help, but i've sent you a pm (reply back to me in pm, don't put such info here for all to see ;) ). Now i'm not promising i can fix it but i'll try...

This post was edited on 10-09-2007 at 11:57 AM by Sunshine.
10-09-2007 11:56 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: