What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Block List and Allow list are the SAME

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Block List and Allow list are the SAME
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Everybody who is on your contact list should be on the allow list unless you blocked them (then they'll be on the block list).
This is wrong, if they didn't add you, then you could delete their addresses from your allow and block lists even if you have added them.

tosuncuk, merhaba :), can you delete contacts from your either Allow list or Block list by right clicking on them? Or doesn't Messenger let you delete those duplicate email addresses which exist in both lists, from at least one list?

Try signing in on http://webmessenger.msn.com and check what will the contact list there say for your contacts, blocked or allowed? Try changing their block status after opening a chat window with some of them (you'll click on either Block or Unblock on chat windows). Then resignin on Messenger program, check if block statuses for those contacts changed. Good luck!
10-09-2007 01:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Everybody who is on your contact list should be on the allow list unless you blocked them (then they'll be on the block list).
This is wrong, if they didn't add you, then you could delete their addresses from your allow and block lists even if you have added them.

You added them so they are on the allow list unless you blocked em. Sure if they didn't add you you can remove them from there but they are there by default when you add them to your contactlist....
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-09-2007 01:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tosuncuk

47 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME
quote:
quote:

tosuncuk, merhaba :), can you delete contacts from your either Allow list or Block list by right clicking on them? Or doesn't Messenger let you delete those duplicate email addresses which exist in both lists, from at least one list?

Try signing in on http://webmessenger.msn.com and check what will the contact list there say for your contacts, blocked or allowed? Try changing their block status after opening a chat window with some of them (you'll click on either Block or Unblock on chat windows). Then resignin on Messenger program, check if block statuses for those contacts changed. Good luck!

I deleted my whole contact list both allow and block list. Messenger let mi delete whole my list. I used webmesenger. I saw that whole my contact list are blocked. I unblock them manualy. And then sign in with WML 8.1. REASON: SAMEEEEEEEEEEE :(
10-09-2007 01:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Well, you saw every contact was blocked when you signed in webmessenger. Can you now go to your Profile (edit mode) [Messenger Options > Edit Profile button] and try to set a permission setting for General Appearance for instance? To do this, you will first select Custom (Ozel) from the dropdown list, then Messenger allow list, you will see your allow list there. Can you check if the contacts who you saw as blocked in webmessenger appears in this Allow list now? If so, I think you must demand Microsoft to reset your Allow and Block lists.

If you can't see them there, then your contacts aren't allowed in fact, they are all blocked on the server side but Messenger shows them in both lists.

Bu arada "reason: same" diyorsun da dogrusu "result: same" olacak kanimca.
10-09-2007 01:32 PM
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
I had this experience before. And the following attached file is the solutions given by the messenger team.

The file is in .doc format. Please use Microsoft Words to open.

Farther note:
Despite the two solutions given, it doesn't help me till the team asked me to allow them to access my account to fix. And successfully, it's fixed though I have to allow uPnP on my router.

PS: the solutions are somehow the same as the given above with additional solutions.

.doc File Attachment: solutions.doc (33 KB)
This file has been downloaded 238 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-09-2007 at 01:52 PM by xJ +.
10-09-2007 01:48 PM
tosuncuk

47 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME
quote:
Well, you saw every contact was blocked when you signed in webmessenger. Can you now go to your Profile (edit mode) [Messenger Options > Edit Profile button] and try to set a permission setting for General Appearance for instance? To do this, you will first select Custom (Ozel) from the dropdown list, then Messenger allow list, you will see your allow list there. Can you check if the contacts who you saw as blocked in webmessenger appears in this Allow list now? If so, I think you must demand Microsoft to reset your Allow and Block lists.

If you can't see them there, then your contacts aren't allowed in fact, they are all blocked on the server side but Messenger shows them in both lists.

Bu arada "reason: same" diyorsun da dogrusu "result: same" olacak kanimca.

Yes I go to the page of my profile. In there i see the contacts which are in the webmessinger blocket are in allow list. Then I will contact with microsoft support to reset may allow and block list. May be you are true.

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
I had this experience before. And the following attached file is the solutions given by the messenger team.

The file is in .doc format. Please use Microsoft Words to open.

Farther note:
Despite the two solutions given, it doesn't help me till the team asked me to allow them to access my account to fix. And successfully, it's fixed though I have to allow uPnP on my router.

PS: the solutions are somehow the same as the given above with additional solutions.

Thanks for the solutions but I tried them before. Because first I write to microsoft support. :(
10-09-2007 04:14 PM
tosuncuk

47 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME
Is there anyone knows that how the Noroom's ListManager work on Vista ? and what about MSWINSCK.OCX ??? with vista ?
10-11-2007 08:22 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: