What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Read THIS! (McAfee SiteAdvisor)

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Read THIS! (McAfee SiteAdvisor)
Author: Message:
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Read THIS! (McAfee SiteAdvisor)
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456

eh, oxy:

quote:
Originally posted by Gonaldo
Excuse me "dotoxy", but are you criticizing my coment??

In case you donīt know (and you donīt) I spent 2 hours analising this website and my conclusion is clear: msgpluslive.net is a dangerous website full of spyware and with links to lots of dangerous websites (including, of course, msghelp.com).

Look kid, you just messed up with the wrong guy. Iīm am far more expirienced than you in this area, belive me.

So I recommend you to shut your mouth, stand back and let the pros do their job.

By the way, your probably just a poor bastard working for (or in) msgpluslive.com and hired to make publicit to that horrible site, so your opinion is meaningless.

And your lucky that I do not report your coment to McAfee, because if I did, you would be in some serious problems.

:lol:
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
10-11-2007 02:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Siteadviser is such a crap site.

[Image: jumbled.png]
10-11-2007 02:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Read THIS! (McAfee SiteAdvisor)
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Messenger Plus! 3 & Sponsor (MsgPlusLive-400.exe)
does anyone else see what is wrong with that?  Should we let them know that their statements are invalid due to them obviously not even testing the program to get the actual name for it?

yeah, it's always been like that, one other proof that their analysis is completely biased. I don't really mind though, their site never caused me any trouble, anybody using SiteAdvisor in its currently form probably quickly gets used to all these false alarms which is a shame considering the fact that the original idea was a good one.

This post was edited on 10-11-2007 at 09:02 PM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-11-2007 09:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
i wonder how many downloads siteadvisor has...

edit: http://www.roflmao456.com/storage/MPL-OptionalSponsor.png :cheesy:

quote:
Originally posted by Beck
Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

The fact they'd even have Ad-ware in there is bad enough, the sponsor program, no matter how low on money Patchou is, he has another alternative. Not to make the MSN add-on, SIMPLE.

And all the people that think it's good well, I dunno what to say to you but watch your computer. =\

My advice... DOWN WITH MESSENGER PLUS!

* roflmao456 sticks both middle fingers crossed @ Beck (whoever he is)

This post was edited on 10-11-2007 at 10:12 PM by roflmao456.
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
10-11-2007 09:22 PM
Siteadvisor-konner

O.P. RE: Read THIS! (McAfee SiteAdvisor)
lmao i didnt expect this thread to get so many posts o_o'
10-12-2007 04:21 AM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
i guess Patchou should put in

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

on the sponsor part of the msgplus setup :p

eh, oxy:

quote:
Originally posted by Gonaldo
Excuse me "dotoxy", but are you criticizing my coment??

In case you donīt know (and you donīt) I spent 2 hours analising this website and my conclusion is clear: msgpluslive.net is a dangerous website full of spyware and with links to lots of dangerous websites (including, of course, msghelp.com).

Look kid, you just messed up with the wrong guy. Iīm am far more expirienced than you in this area, belive me.

So I recommend you to shut your mouth, stand back and let the pros do their job.

By the way, your probably just a poor bastard working for (or in) msgpluslive.com and hired to make publicit to that horrible site, so your opinion is meaningless.

And your lucky that I do not report your coment to McAfee, because if I did, you would be in some serious problems.

Some "pro" needs a spell checker, what a retard :undecided:

I tried to sign-up in this mcafee site but it wouldn't let me for some odd reason
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
10-12-2007 04:25 AM
Siteadvisor-konner

O.P. RE: Read THIS! (McAfee SiteAdvisor)
I like the product im just not wanting my computer to get screwed up again. i had that happen and McAfee keeps scanning my computer and deleting the scripts Messenger Plys! installs so it stops working. I really like the tabbed stuff. so much easyer than having like 50 thousand windows open lagging the computer. but i need McAfee on my computer to keep me safe from other stuff. i just dont want my computer virus filled.
10-12-2007 04:30 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Anybody using SiteAdvisor in its currently form probably quickly gets used to all these false alarms which is a shame considering the fact that the original idea was a good one.

Indeed.  I rarely see a "Green" site on SiteAdvisor.  Hell, it detected one of my Virus Removal Tools as a virus on my domain (The tool had several warning dialogs, etc. before it even touched a file on your computer, and didnt have a virus).  Unfortunatly, more than half the customers I deal with in the retail channel who use McAfee Products stand firmly by SiteAdvisor's ratings.

We're making progress, Messenger Plus! Live (www.msgpluslive.net) is now on "Sites on the Brink" again in favor of changing to "Green".  If a "Green" rating is achieved on the main site, several "cascading ratings", such as msghelp.net's rating, will change to "Green".

This post was edited on 10-12-2007 at 04:41 AM by Dane.
10-12-2007 04:31 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
We're making progress, Messenger Plus! Live (www.msgpluslive.net) is now on "Sites on the Brink" again in favor of changing to "Green".  If a "Green" rating is achieved on the main site, several "cascading ratings", such as msghelp.net's rating, will change to "Green".

Woo! :grin:

Finally, something good.

This post was edited on 10-12-2007 at 05:41 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-12-2007 05:40 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Note to everybody: please do not post anything on SiteAdvisor, except if you really see something that has no sense and in that case, please try to stay objective. If too many peopeel from the forum go there and start posting their advice, some people will just use this opporunity to say that all green comments are done by "employees of Messenger Plus"... you know the drill.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-12-2007 04:35 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: