What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard

IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard
I want to use inline formatting in some of my messages, and I'm using IRC style format shortcuts. However after the formatted text, I want to continue my message with my original font and color. But if I, for instance, used the Ctrl+B to make one word bold, then I can't make the rest normal because it doesn't add special "Stop formatting tag" at the end.

No problem if I used BBCode style because those are already two sided tags.

No problem if I use Ctrl+R to show the Format Panel then select the formatting or highlight the word before using Ctrl+? shortcuts because it adds the special "Stop formatting tag" at the end magically.

I wish it would always add that special tag at the ends whereever and however we place those IRC tags, for example with Ctrl+B without highlighting the texts.
10-19-2007 09:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard
If you place another ctrl+b character at the end of the word(s), it acts as a stop character. It's how irc formatting codes are meant to work.
10-19-2007 10:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard
Woow, thanks ddunk. That is what I want indeed :D
10-20-2007 04:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: