What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » desktop switched on and automatically off

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
desktop switched on and automatically off
Author: Message:
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: desktop switched on and automatically off
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
I have found where the problem lies in now - overheated processor -.-"
Thanks again guys (:
For the benefit of everybody else;
some motherboards will shut off the computer if the processor is too hot to try to save it. So if your heatsink has a problem (eg not being there) the computer turns off just after you turn it on. The first time it takes a few seconds and the second time it turns off faster because everythimg is warm already.
Obviously, I could have told him what the problem is before all of these other people started telling him it was the PSU.

Basically.. If your PC starts up and powers off, its overheating. It only takes a touch of the heatsinks to determine what part is overheating. (Please ground yourself before start poking around in the case. You can do this by touching any metal part of the case.)

If you computer powers up but wont post (it doesn't go beep), its a dead CPU, RAM, PSU or a faulty Motherboard (Or you just need to clear your CMOS because you fail at OC'ing).

If one of your parts is faulty (not dead) you will hear a sequence of beeps. Different sequences for different parts.

If it restarts while booting it is most likely a BSOD. If you can get into safe mode do what Alex said and right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Untick Automatically restart. Next time it BSODs it should tell you whats going on.

Hopefully anyone else that has this problem searches the forum and finds my post.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
10-31-2007 11:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: