Have you ever asked yourself how you can easy and quick display your Windows Live Messenger Status, your display picture or the music you are currently listening to, on your home page? Let all your friends participate in your life - and they will be able to see that without having to log in to Messenger first...
And that's the way it works:
- Do you already have the newest Messenger version? The newest is Windows Live Messenger 2009 (14.0.8064.206)
- If not done yet, install Messenger Plus! Live, the best extension library for Windows Live Messenger.
- Now download the script WLMStatus, it will be imported in Messenger.
- Done! Display your current status by inserting the image address http://firstname.lastname@example.org as image into your home page or by using it as yur signature in forums etc.
- You will find more styles for the status image at http://email@example.com, where you can replace the 1 by any numbers.
- The language used for the texts (e.g. "Busy" etc.) is controlled by the domain name of the website in which the image is inserted.
- Questions? Just mail me; you'll find the mail address within the script (About dialog).
- automatically refreshing web image
- Select one of the available styles, or use different ones in different locations
- Tip: Use style No. 10 as remote avatar, which will always show your current Messenger display image.
Mail me to get an individual style too many mails at the moment
- Image contains your nick,
- your status (e.g. Busy),
- your personal status message or the song you're currently listening to,
- your display picture (uploaded automatically)
- the date and time you've last updated your status
- and your messenger email address.
- support for Music, Office, and Games Icon, e.g. set by AppMon+
- Use the live image preview within the Image Settings window.
- Set if you want to show your email address and/or your current media.
- Set if you want to show your personal status message.
- Set if you want to show the Last Updated time.
- Set your current timezone.
- Instantly copy the image URL, its HTML code, or its BBcode, to the clipboard,
for easy inserting the copied code into your signature in a forum or on your website.
- Support for Messenger emoticons display in your Display Name and your Personal Status Message
- Forums for the WLMStatus community to discuss and share ideas
- Full support for Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Thai characters
- Create your totally own and personal style by using the WLMStatus XML interface.
- Use your existing Web2Messenger status script by changing the URL of its status.txt
info retrievement file to the WLMStatus W2M-compatible interface.
- NEW: Support for showing Messenger colorization and scene as set in Windows Live Messenger 2009.
Have a look at the Premium-only style 65 to see what it could look like.
- Use your own background image for the signature.
- Added: Font selection with 31 different fonts
- Added: <img> link generates valid XHTML code, thanks Jmsche
This version is compatible with Messenger Plus! Live 4.82.
- Fixed: Some notification callbacks not working
- Fixed: Several points of failure caught
- Added: User details changeable from website callback
- Added: Twitter link
- Added: Set default scenes in Messenger reflect on WLMStatus website, if signed in
- Added: Display name on website is displayed (if signed in) even when user has not opted in to WL Presence API
- Added: Menu switch to turn off updates for a specific Windows Live ID
- Fixed: Get Premium-Notification callback not working
- Changed: No banner whitespace in Premium Settings
- Fixed: DP timer on automatic signout causes error 578
- Changed: Window design updated to Wave 3 RC
- Changed: Privacy URL domain changed to WLMSPremium.net
- Added: Information dialog box on Windows Live Messenger 2009 RC
- Fixed: Submit status update when signing out
- Fixed: Handling Appear Offline status correctly
This version is compatible with Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Messenger Plus! Live 4.80.
- Fixed: Added error handler for preview image not showing in settings window
- Fixed: Current Media showing when Appearing Offline.
- Changed: Default colorization set correctly (lighter blue)
- Changed: Settings window languages dropdown inversed: from "English (en)" to "en (English)"
- Changed: Settings window design change
- Changed: About window design change
- Changed: Complete rewrite of status updater, saving bandwidth
- Changed: Hide Premium advertisements in menu and settings when in Premium mode
- Changed: timezone setting is manual selection to avoid errors in autodetection
- Changed: Renamed Greek translation shortcut from gr to el
- Added: Changelog in script menu
- Added: Submit status updates in Premium mode even when main server is offline
- Added: Messenger colorization transfer
- Added: Messenger scenes transfer
- Added: Estonian translation
- Structural addings to support future versions of Messenger Plus!
- Edited scrobbling timeout to 60 seconds in free version to lower server load
- Undisclosable settings in registry by using MyUserId instead of MyEmail
- Secured script updating possibility
- added RTL window engine to support RTL languages in the client
- fixed bug with database connectivity in initialization
- Show error toast when settings cannot be loaded from server
- added style names display in settings window
- added Messenger Lock check before showing windows
- Changed script engine
- Option to hide Personal Status Message from the images
- Connection errors hidden by default
- changed contact address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- time zone detection corrected
- Script rating function
- added Bosnian, Greek, Polish, Romanian, Arabic, Serbian and Croatian localization
2008-05-31 (WLMStatus Premium 1.1):
- Premium version:
- WLMStatus XML interface for retrieving Messenger status
- WLMStatus TXT interface, in Web2Messenger status format
- Mobile status posting
- renaming to WLMStatus
- distributed server architecture
- some new options
- stability (hopefully...)
- Premium version (check the software about it)
- too many other changes to list them here
- Bugfix: "+" in name, psm and media wasn't shown
- undocumented internal changes
- image settings
- image settings
- undocumented internal changes, no visible changes made
- error corrections
- added security system against misuse
- updated window design to 8.5 style
- added Norsk, Portuguese, Turkish localization
- bugfix language selection broke whole script
- bugfix empty display picture
- changed display picture uploading
- added language selection in script menu
- Unicode support for nick and psm
- added Dutch, Italian, Hungarian localization
- changed server
- added display picture uploading
- added French, Spanish localization
- changed support email address
- added German localization / deutsche Uebersetzung hinzugefuegt
- project renamed from MyWeb2Live to WLMWebStatus to avoid
conflicts with Web2Live.org.
- bugfix staying online when messenger crashes
- added script version transmission
- added automatic updater
- bugfix sending empty psm
Special thanks to testers, friends and translators:
Testers of this version:
Josh Atkins, Umut Benzer, Yann le Blévec, Daniel “warmth” Delgado, Edward “Eddie” Martin, High Speed Chaser, Basilis Kakaronis, Bram Lancsweert, Daniel “Baracuda15” Lilienthal, Lance “Salem” Manasse, Dane Nachtsheim, Greg Sampson, Jonathan “Jmsche” Scheiber, Adam “MeEtc” Smith, Bram Vandeperre, Valentin “sfantu” Verde.
· Daniel “InZa” Geike
· Maúro Jr. “blessedguy”
· maximovip + 13Booob13
· Bram Vandeperre
· Greg Sampson (Arabic)
· Danijel “smarky” Gabric (Bosnian)
· mynetx (German, English)
· Olar Hansberg (Estonian)
· Basilis Kakaronis (Greek)
· Daniel “warmth” Delgado (Spanish)
· Olli (Finnish)
· Jonathan “Jmsche” Scheiber (French)
· Milán “dkncntrlt” Luketics, Geri094 (Hungarian)
· Jack (Italian)
· Bram Vandeperre (Dutch)
· Christoffer “Ch™” Jansen (Norwegian)
· Krzysztof “GoldDenton” Wlodarczyk (Polish)
· Matheus (Portuguese)
· Valentin “sfantu” Verde (Romanian)
· Umut Benzer (Turkish)
· Josh Atkins, server administration and co-owner
· Dane, WLMStatus Premium
· -dt-, helper_lc
· Volv, util_* functions
· Alex P, script rating function (edited)
· Frans-Willem “TheBlasphemer” Hardijzer, AU Code Signing
· GFDD Group, some design images
· Patchou, the one and only Messenger Plus! Creator
The used fonts are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Download the current version:
WLMStatus 1.30.49 (9 kB; ar, ba, de, ee, el, en, es, fi, fr, hr, hu, it, nl, no, pl, pt, ro, sr, tr)
Having problems with this script? Post them here.
Any ideas, or just your honest opinion in general? Let me and others participate in your thoughts.
Awaiting your feedback,