What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts

My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts
Author: Message:
ajaggysnake

O.P. Undecided  My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts
My sister clicked one of those stupid links people send with viruses, so know i'm sending them to all of my contacts, does anyone now how i can get rid of it?

I've un-installed Messenger, ran spy-bot, Ad-Aware and Norton, resolved any problems they found and then reinstalled messenger, but it's still happening.

Any ideas?
11-09-2007 06:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

RE: My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts
Whats it actually say to your contacts?
11-10-2007 12:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ReaperJosh

RE: My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts
Try searching the Dodgy File's name in Google, with 'Removal' afterwards.
So, for example, I can think of two. One which states "Hey is this you in the picture" and a link, which links to the downloading of a virus. And another called a 'Block Checker' which automatically contacts all of your contacts asking them to download the Block Checker.
I do not personally know how to remove them, but if you try Google-ing them, that might work. (y)
11-13-2007 02:02 PM
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
Look here.
11-13-2007 05:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: