What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » www.youareblocked.com

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
www.youareblocked.com
Author: Message:
Dreamsilver

O.P. Undecided  www.youareblocked.com
i was just talking to my fren on msn when suddenly the msn popup showed www.youareblocked.com has just signed in and i was like WTH? since it the popup wasnt once but many times that it stacked above each other. after about 5secs when the popups disappear, it happened again so i went to check if any of my contacts went to change their nick to that but that did not happen.

any idea wat is happening to my msn? though the popup thing has stopped already. and im currently scanning my com now but i doubt it will find anything also 
12-05-2007 02:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Knucks

33 / Male / Flag
RE: www.youareblocked.com
It's one of those sites that asks a person their MSN Account and Password. Unfortunately, it looks like some of your friends on your contact list has fallen for it. I'm not sure how it completely works but it is against phishing laws.
It all happened 6982 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes, 22 seconds ago... :D
12-05-2007 02:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
I have not visited the site, but it sounds like your friend was probably using the site to check who has blocked them and it does that to advertise the service before changing the user's nickname back to normal and signing out.

Block checkers do not work properly any more and are often very risky as it involves giving your password to third parties who may not necessarily be whom they appear to be. If your friend is lucky it may just be advertising and that is it, if he is not then he has given his password to someone who will attempt to hijack his Windows Live Passport.

This post was edited on 12-05-2007 at 02:34 PM by Volv.
12-05-2007 02:33 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
Tell your friend to change his/her password to login to MSN services right away. The messages should stop after that.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
12-05-2007 03:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dreamsilver

O.P. RE: www.youareblocked.com
ok thanks for the help and quick reply :)
12-05-2007 03:17 PM
LiNaNaNa

Huh?  RE: www.youareblocked.com
[color=blue]My friend recomended me the website and saying that it is good. It helps to track down whoever is blocking or deleted you . I was like, 'cool.Let me check it out.'  So I DID check the website out.
The website seems like a profesional website.So I logged in my username and password.Suddenly the msn thingy said 'You have logged out your account to another computer.' I was shocked !:o
(N)Bad(N)Bad(N)Bad(N)
I tried loggging in again but it failed . Never ever ever go to that website ! :|
But the way is simple, just change yr password(:
Hahahah !;)
12-08-2007 03:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Each time I'm flabbergasted to read how people simply enter their login and password just like that on a 'good' looking site...

Even if blockcheckers worked, they STILL would NOT need your password!!!!

Think about it, what would they be able to do more with your login and password that you already can't when you log in in your Messenger? Nothing!!!!

A login, and certainly a password, is NOT needed AT ALL. No matter what those sites may claim, no matter if blockcheckers actually work or not.

If they ask for your login, they most likely use this to sell the email to spammers.
If they ask for you password also, they most likely use this to break into your account.
As simple as that.

---

It is like saying that they need your social security number and bank/visa account in order to calculate how much you need to pay at the cash register when you bought some apples. lol...

This post was edited on 12-08-2007 at 03:49 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-08-2007 03:44 AM
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
Don't blockcheckers work by just checking if the person is online or not?

They wouldn't need your password or your e-mail at all.  A few of my friends have fallen for this.  They're really really dumb though.
12-08-2007 04:08 AM
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
Don't blockcheckers work by just checking if the person is online or not?

They wouldn't need your password or your e-mail at all.  A few of my friends have fallen for this.  They're really really dumb though.

I don't understand how some people are stupid enough to give there password to a third party site. I mean you can't trust any one these days.

Not Chrono, Not [Image: dodgywdz.gif] WDZ, Not even Patchou! Ok maybe you could trust Patchou and Mnjul.

Remeber our deal :deal: Patchou and Mnjul.
If only I knew what I should put here
12-08-2007 04:47 AM
Azure

I know I am dumb!!! But please help.

I entered my email and password to this darn website a few nights ago. I couldnt sign in to MSN for a few minutes, and when I finally managed to enter, some of my friends questioned me about the link that 'I' have sent them. I knew I was in trouble and could not sleep properly ever since.

Is this a virus? More harmless spyware? Or a trojan? Gosh..

I have changed my msn password the day after I entered the website. But just now when I entered my hotmail account, the screen was crawling and the tabs were all over the place! So it does not help if you just change your password! :((

Also, my AVG anti-virus programme detected changes in the following files: shell32.dll, ntoskrnl.exe, and drivers\etc\hosts, all from Windows system32. The AVG anti-spyware detected tracking cookies but they kept coming back. Spybot did not detect anything.

So now, what should I do? (my com uses Windows Vista)

HELP!

12-09-2007 01:15 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: