What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » New members.

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Poll: 5 NON SPAM posts before non msgplus! related computer questions will be answered.
Yes..
Maybe. it depends....
Your insane!!!.
NO!
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
New members.
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: New members.
5 NON SPAM posts before non msgplus! related computer questions will be answered.

I dont understand what he means? lol.
12-07-2007 04:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
5 NON SPAM posts before non msgplus! related computer questions will be answered.
I dont understand what he means? lol.
It helps if I tell you that I din't understand it either???:P heheh
:)
That's why I asked what's the point of the post... :S
12-07-2007 04:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
I'm thinking a post limit before you can start your own thread?
12-07-2007 05:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
What's the point? people will get annoyed and go elsewhere for help or spam until they have the appropiate number of posts.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-07-2007 05:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
What's the point? people will get annoyed and go elsewhere for help or spam until they have the appropiate number of posts.
exactly, its not helping anyone, just hurting, they'll spam untill they can post there question, once they've done that, theres nothing stoping them from leaving just as they would with out the spam
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6651 days, 2 hours, 1 minute, 26 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
12-07-2007 05:20 AM
Adeptus

Pyro is on to something, although he suggests the wrong solution.

In general, I agree that people shouldn't come to this forum for the sole purpose of asking general computer questions that have nothing to do with Messenger Plus! -- there are much better places for that, where their questions would be answered by Microsoft MVPs and experienced IT professionals.

There certainly shouldn't be a rule against helping someone if you have the solution to their problem, but we probably should direct more of the general computing questions to the right places than we have been in past.
12-07-2007 06:34 AM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Pyro is on to something, although he suggests the wrong solution.

In general, I agree that people shouldn't come to this forum for the sole purpose of asking general computer questions that have nothing to do with Messenger Plus! -- there are much better places for that, where their questions would be answered by Microsoft MVPs and experienced IT professionals.

There certainly shouldn't be a rule against helping someone if you have the solution to their problem, but we probably should direct more of the general computing questions to the right places than we have been in past.

But if you strip this forum from questions which don't relate to msgplus then we're gonna have even less members and even less who are actually going to stay. Also there will be less help needing things (yes, things!) and you all with answers are going to be bored and then evolve into some other forum. :sad:
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

12-07-2007 07:58 AM
Vazza

– / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Before wanting this, he has to remember that some people here have school/university/work/job and so on....
And remember that some people registered here to only ask one question... Some of the registered members are voluntiers to help here...
;)

Exactly. Even the ones who post once with one problem, may find that a little later on that they have another problem which they haven't seen addressed and so come back. As has been said, that doesn't make them a bad person. I'm signed up for a couple of boards where I've posted once or twice, but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't go back...

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus

Hmm...I'd have to say that any general questions that I've had computing wise, I've always had the quickest answers here. If you look around, there is a possibility that a high percentage of members hang around the general chit chat area while a smaller percentage who know a little bit more about the workings of Plus! are frequently in the help section.

All I have to say is if people have to post 5 non-spam posts first, then how does that make us look? What's to stop them spamming afterwards? Yes people don't look and we have the same questions over and over, and while some will look and replies may well be that it 'look a x thread', each case is individual. If you start saying, '5 non-spam posts before you ask questions' then your becoming a dictatorship, and we don't want that image.

Yes there is the chat room for help, but the last time I was there, even those who were in there at the time, supposedly active, weren't doing so...And then you wonder why we get all the help posts here.... (I am not having a dig at anyone who is in the chat room and does help, but I am simply expressing what it is that I have seen on numerous occassions)

Basically I don't think this is the way to be going, if they come ask the question and then spam, fine, they can be dealt with then, not before hand (unless they spam directly after posting a question or go against the forum rules etc etc etc.)
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7267 days, 13 hours, 1 minute, 26 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
12-07-2007 01:05 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I'm thinking a post limit before you can start your own thread?
But then how do one-timers make a thread about a problem they're having?
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6555 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes, 55 seconds ago.

12-09-2007 02:18 AM
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
They spam heaps before hand, or waste time trying to find places they can put useful input in. What I think aNILEator meant was that was his guess at what the thread title was about.

My guess is that after someone posts something, they have to make 5 other non-spam posts before somebody will come and answer their question for them. Which is completely ridiculous as far as I can see...

Anyway personally, it does seem "weird" that someone posts, you answer, and you never see them again. I guess you could compare it to meeting someone on the street having a brief conversation and never seeing them again. But it's not "annoying" as such. Anyway I like helping people, if they give you good feedback you get an ego boost :)
12-10-2007 09:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: