What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [How-To] Change Contact List Background

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
[How-To] Change Contact List Background
Author: Message:
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [How-To] Change Contact List Background
No, because giving that advice to every skin user is much more complicated that doing this (since it's automatically replaced my Messenger Plus! upon installation). Also you can give this picture meta-data, so it'll be stretch-able etc. :)
02-05-2008 02:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Soardra

The original Soaring Dragon

35 / Female / Flag
RE: [How-To] Change Contact List Background
Ok, there's so many opinions here that I've gotten kind of lost. I want to make the background of my contacts slightly transparent. I know the alpha code I want, but I just can't figure out where to put it.
[Image: 81-0.png]
Thanks for uploading my pirate status buttons, MeEtc ^^
03-02-2008 04:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Open up the 1001 style file and find the element ai558 at the end of it. Change it background from rcbkd(6); to argb(125,255,255,255) and you will have the result you want.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-02-2008 12:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Soardra

35 / Female / Flag
Is it just that change? It won't work for me for some reason D: Even if I put it to (0,255,255,255) it won't go completely transparent. Also, I have a really busy background on the main skin on all the toasts and sign on window...Does that not go to the contacts table? I was sure it did because when I tried some things it wouldn't show the contact table and would instead show my background.
03-02-2008 05:05 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
change it to (0,0,0,0)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-02-2008 05:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Soardra

35 / Female / Flag
I just tried that, nothing changed in the contact window. I'm wondering if something is interfering with it...do you have something changed in the definition file as well?

EDIT: Nvm..I don't know what I was doing wrong the other times, but now it works O.o

EDIT: Or I thought it did o.o now I can't get the contacts window to show up...ok, when it's rcbkg it works, but when I change it to argb it disappears...

This post was edited on 03-02-2008 at 07:15 PM by Soardra.
03-02-2008 05:20 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Soardra
I just tried that, nothing changed in the contact window. I'm wondering if something is interfering with it...do you have something changed in the definition file as well?

EDIT: Nvm..I don't know what I was doing wrong the other times, but now it works O.o

EDIT: Or I thought it did o.o now I can't get the contacts window to show up...ok, when it's rcbkg it works, but when I change it to argb it disappears...
ok...I've been tring to bring my contact list back to white as an option...and i figured out how to do that.
Even though with ai550 and ai558 with rgb(255,255,255), it wasn't turning to white, then, i tried changing ai559, it is now working pretty fine...
(change ai550, 558 and 559 to the same color you want, i think it will work, to be transparent, alpha from 0(transparent)-255(opaque))

Does anybody know how to change the selected groupd colour?

[img=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/614/imgwp0.th.jpg]

here is a pic to explain better
[Image: Empty.png]
03-09-2008 03:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
blessedguy, what you mewan is when you have your curser selected on a group or a contact and it has the blue highlighter bar with black text right? jason is the one who cracked that in our skin on the dark style files, if you go into my 365 skin and open up 923 Styles Dark and look for any blocks where colour is being set to (0,0,0) as that will refer to the bar in question, al our text in that specific file we made white to show up against the dark backgrounds.
03-09-2008 06:21 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
blessedguy, what you mewan is when you have your curser selected on a group or a contact and it has the blue highlighter bar with black text right? jason is the one who cracked that in our skin on the dark style files, if you go into my 365 skin and open up 923 Styles Dark and look for any blocks where colour is being set to (0,0,0) as that will refer to the bar in question, al our text in that specific file we made white to show up against the dark backgrounds.

kk...i'll take a look at that!
[Image: Empty.png]
03-09-2008 07:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ResourcE

ResourcE

30 / Male / Flag
Hey,Thanks to all about that help for making the background transparent ... but ... it's not working . Here is what i wrote :

Background:argb(120,13,97,200);

Please help me,it's very important :)
ResourcE
04-01-2008 05:50 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: