What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Nightfall

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[Release] Nightfall
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Nightfall
hi vikke, i like this skin however i found a problem, youve created skin options panel for allowing users to choose between blue, red, green and black however in the skin sky lines is a subfolder called OptionPanel in which you have to have a file called OptionPanel.xml without this folder and file there will not be any functionality to the options, i tested this and when you select any of the designs from the dropdown you get asked to restart messenger but it stays on the blue.

also the windows live messenger text on the toasts is black and against the blue and black versions you simply wont see that text at all, dont worry even i dont know how to get round that yet as soon as i know myself ill let you know, green and red might be ok but until you fix the options panel i cant test those modes.

im going to try your background instructions in a second but you went beyond that in your skin and id like to know how you did the other stuff too.
12-09-2007 05:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i tested this and when you select any of the designs from the dropdown you get asked to restart messenger but it stays on the blue.
Changing color in Nightfall worked fine here. But you might want to try colorize to the skin so users can choose every color they want without building a separate option for each.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-09-2007 06:09 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Nightfall
quote:
in the skin sky lines is a subfolder called OptionPanel in which you have to have a file called OptionPanel.xml without this folder and file there will not be any functionality to the options

this is incorrect

The xml file is only needed for custom options panel.  Plus' skinning engine can create it's own default option panel for use with skins that doesn't require any advanced knowledge of creating windows or option styles, etc and simply offers the user a Boolean or Multi-Value option which can all be controlled from within SkinInfo.xml
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5214 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes, 43 seconds ago
12-09-2007 06:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
in the skin sky lines is a subfolder called OptionPanel in which you have to have a file called OptionPanel.xml without this folder and file there will not be any functionality to the options

this is incorrect

The xml file is only needed for custom options panel.  Plus' skinning engine can create it's own default option panel for use with skins that doesn't require any advanced knowledge of creating windows or option styles, etc and simply offers the user a Boolean or Multi-Value option which can all be controlled from within SkinInfo.xml

oh ok all i know is when i went into the skins options window and selected one of the other colours i clicked ok was prompted to restart messenger i restarted messenger and nothing changed.
12-09-2007 06:44 PM
Andylongi

53 / Male / Flag
Great Job with this Skin its my favorite one! I`m just missing the contact search button and add a contact button.
12-09-2007 08:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Nightfall
Thanks for all your feedback. I don't know what's wrong with the color settings, it works fine here, as well as on my other computer.

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Great Job with this Skin its my favorite one! I`m just missing the contact search button and add a contact button.
Yeah, I had some trouble skinning it, expect it in the next version. ;)
12-09-2007 08:30 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Awesome skin, I shall use this one
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-10-2007 08:30 PM
ampv24

Hey vikke! great skin! :D...

but, I'm having a little problem since I'm using it...

when I'm on a conversation window the font size is always 10... I change it to 8 (as I like it to be) and close the windows... but it is always on 10 for every conversation I open before that. I've tried everything (N)
12-11-2007 12:13 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: