What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release v1.58] Christmas Theme - refer to first post

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
[Release v1.58] Christmas Theme - refer to first post
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release v1.55] Christmas Theme - refer to first post
hi mate... great idea...

I have several suggestions for you: please make the CL bg lighter cause I can't read the contact's display name, fix CL corners, replace the WL icon of the upper left corner with the tree you putted in the Christmas Messenger image, change toast's bg and change the signing in animation with some christmas bells or something like that :P...

with those changes the skin will be lot better (Y)

UPDATE: you colorized the PSM arrow but the Display name...:$

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 07:18 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-21-2007 07:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release v1.58] Christmas Theme - refer to first post
What bg for the contact list te tree one or the gradient one

the contacts displays name i am oping to display in white

I am sure I have changed the icon in the new version :S (1.58)

the toast uses the same image at the moment but i will take off the bg on the toast so that they are just a green colour

bells for the sign in animation is a good idea

thanks for your ideas

any more changes??
12-21-2007 07:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release v1.58] Christmas Theme - refer to first post
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
What bg for the contact list te tree one or the gradient one

the contacts displays name i am oping to display in white

I am sure I have changed the icon in the new version :S (1.58)

the toast uses the same image at the moment but i will take off the bg on the toast so that they are just a green colour

bells for the sign in animation is a good idea

thanks for your ideas

any more changes??
I was using the 1.50 :P...

First of all my friend... check your skin folder cause you have trace file there... and you have two folders of UIFiles... and actually there are UIFiles out of that folders too... I think you need to be more organized...

Second you are still having problems with corners, however I saw you have the png in your skin folder...

Third I was talking about the CL list bg... where the contact's names are displayed...

Fourth, I like the new font color in logon screen and the green bg of the email and pass boxes... but you need to put that fonts with too...

Fifth you should reduce the space of the change log here in the forum thread...

regards (Y) and your welcome...

ADVICE: don't make the plsk file until you are so sure is all ok and don't post plsk files so often... maybe you can test it with somefriends... and then when all is ok... and you did major changes post it... equal with DB... I can be one of that testers if you want... just PM me... good luck friends...

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 07:34 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-21-2007 07:27 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release v1.58] Christmas Theme - refer to first post
im always happy to be one of your testers freak544 after all youve tested my skin for me several times now, and i agree with warmth about not posting so many releases so close to each other, my skin has only been release as version 1.00, version 1.20 had 9.0 compatability and the word wheel and searchbar remover but was never released i am now on version 1.30 which has removal options for all of the Contact List buttons except for Plus Button, Plus Scripts, Colourize & Showmenus as i feel those 4 buttons are pretty important and shouldnt be turned off.

however version 1.30 doesnt have 9.0 compatability on all these new features yet, i still want to add options for the convo window buttons and catch up with coding the 9.0 compatability, once all thats been done i will release it as version 1.50.

if possible id love for V1.50 to be released before Christmas but it may take until new years.

anyway im going to download V1.58 and see if i can see anything to suggest for ya.
12-21-2007 08:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
Oh I did delete the trace file in one of the plsk's but i have been forgetting in the newer versions

yeah i have the picture in the folder and i am sure i changed the definitions files to change the corner images (but may have missed something out somewhere)

Yeah i am going to cange the contact list text to white

what fonts are you on about??

I will I might put the change log as a text file rather than writing it in the first post

I will get a few people to test it for me before uploading its just that i have a habbit of changing things one at a time seeing if they work then release it then work on the next thing

all people that are willing to test then add me on msn freak544[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk

If i don't make all the changes befors christmas day i will carry on making the changes troughtout the year so they are avaliable next year
12-21-2007 08:31 PM
snAke_LeAder

German User

53 / Male / Flag
without background
[Image: screenshot3kj0.th.jpg]
with background
[Image: screenshot4ky5.th.jpg]
contactlist is still there,...but no contacts
[Image: mybbsig.php]
12-21-2007 08:33 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release v1.58] Christmas Theme - refer to first post
quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder
without background
[Image: screenshot3kj0.th.jpg]
with background
[Image: screenshot4ky5.th.jpg]
contactlist is still there,...but no contacts

Are you using the latest version and i will look at the coding maybe I have missed someting out somewhere
12-21-2007 08:37 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
im not encountering the black screen bug that snake mentioned, i am using V1.60 at the moment. i have however found some things that could be changed for the next release.

firstly on the login screen these links dont look very readable

• forgot your password
    service status
    privacy statement
    windows live id

this is shown in the screenshot below.

[Image: Login.png]

also on the login screen see those boxes you turned green, i like the effect but you cant read the email address in the first box and cannot hardly see the stars in the second box maybe change their text colour to white.

now onto the contact list, the contacts groups have white text on them but if you expand them and your not using coloured text for the nicknames your giving to your contacts then in places you cant read there names very well, im sure you can change text colour to white there too, same applies to default text colour of names in the toasts.

final issue and this is huge, i dont think your advanced enough as a skinner to take this one on just yet neither am i by the way, is to reskin elements of messenger plus, you see in the convo window i have tabbed chats in my skin with light background the default black text is ok but not in your skin with dark green so at some point when your advanced enough at skinning to attempt it maybe change the default text colour used on the tabs generated by messenger plus.

thats all i can think of for improvements at this time.

EDIT:

if the tree background is turned on the first 4 links in the list look ok in white but if the tree background isnt on you cant read them, you could probably use a PlusSkin tag to change text colour based on with tree is on or off, the tes in the green boxes and for windows live id though has to be black or something in both instances.

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 09:20 PM by stuartbennett.
12-21-2007 09:13 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
Ok sturat I will change the input boxes to white and i haven't got round to making the contacts text in a different colour

And the links will have a different colour how ever I may remove them for the time being
12-21-2007 09:39 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok freak fair enough, snake we will have your problem fixed in next version ive just this minute fixed the code.

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 09:51 PM by stuartbennett.
12-21-2007 09:47 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: