What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
[Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
I can assure you that a feature like this probably will never be added by a script anyway because it means editting the message being sent from the user.  Personally I think that is a little too much for people around here to do and I am very happy to let TB go for his life on the feature. :P
[Image: markee.png]
12-19-2007 12:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Srry Markus (and all others), but Developers don't like feature stealing.
And for your information, some developers have a life, with university, with families, with other things to do besides working full-time on some program for idiots like these guys.

Understandable. But this kinda stuff happens when you make a populair piece of software. People get impatient when it requires updating :wink:
12-19-2007 01:54 PM
davidpolitis

RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
People get impatient when it requires updating :wink:
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
FYI SP doesn't even have a WLM9.0 compatible version for private beta testers yet ;)
It's not like he's not bothering to do anything and he has a busier life now.

This post was edited on 12-19-2007 at 02:04 PM by davidpolitis.
12-19-2007 02:03 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

Duh, I understand what he said. I also read what he posted on StuffPlug.com. Of course it is not a simple change that needs to be done, but it's still 'updating'. I was just talking in general.
12-19-2007 04:09 PM
0Blackmage0

I just felt like writing something..

O.P. RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
TB, Im not trying to ruin your work, or anything... I am a huge fan of Stuffplug and its features, Recently I was forced to switch up to WLM 9.0 (Trust me im not to happy about it, since there are a few features that i really would like to have). There is something funny is going on with my computer so i cant open WLM V8.1 OR V8.5. Given the fact that you have school and family and such, i was just requesting a few features to be added as scripts since there will most likly not be a Stuffplug update for V9.0 for a LONG time. Its not like i have asked someone to recreate the whole thing and implement it into MSG PLUS LIVE!, i was simply looking for a quick fix to hold over until you have time to update stuffplug (at your own pace of coarse).

Anyways on another note: Merry Christmas..
12-20-2007 05:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
quote:
plzdie :/

Srry TB, people really like the features you add to messenger with SP, but they also don't like to wait for a compatible version with an completely unknown ETA. :rolleyes:

Srry Markus (and all others), but Developers don't like feature stealing.
And for your information, some developers have a life, with university, with families, with other things to do besides working full-time on some program for idiots like these guys.

Yeah but TB Im sorry but if you have certain users of your product and you dont deliver a updates, people are going to make/use alternatives whether you like it or not. Looks at Vista: Many of Vista's features were made/thought up of years back while Apple released its OSX with those features already implanted since they got the idea from Microsoft and now Vista gets released and of course there are other products that have its same features.

TB there comes a point in life whether it is either study or work. I recommend you keep studing and, if you dont want to release the source code, share it with someone you can trust so they can continue development. Maybe talk to Patchou if he would be intrested in merging some Stuffplug code into Plus!

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 09:05 PM by riahc4.
12-21-2007 10:43 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
either study or school
aren't they the same thing?

TB has always been slow with his releases, but he gets them out and does a good job of them.  There is no point someone else making them when TB is going to make a more reliabl product.  Some script kiddie might try, but they arent going to be in it for the long haul like TB and that is what you have to realise.

Furthermore, it is against copyright to profit off someone else's work (even the idea).  I know I seem like a bit of a hypocrit with web2live when you look at web2messenger, but at the time of us beginning development W2M was classed as dead by everyone and even TB was saying that he didnt think it was coming back any time soon.
[Image: markee.png]
12-21-2007 12:03 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
Well.... Don't have much to coment after this:
quote:
quote:
program for idiots like these guys.
Good to know that who uses Stuffplug is an Idiot...
Good that I don't use it for the simple reason that when WLM was on 8 (and Patchou was making releases) a looong time passed since the realiase of Stuffplug. So I discovered that I could live without the program: now, with what you said, I'm more happy.... Marry Christmas... ;)

ScrenShot: Oops...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=876331]

.png File Attachment: Oopss.PNG (6.3 KB)
This file has been downloaded 393 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 03:15 PM by MicroWay.
12-21-2007 03:13 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Well.... Don't have much to coment after this:
quote:
quote:
Good that I don't use it for the simple reason that when WLM was on 8 (and Patchou was making releases) a looong time passed since the realiase of Stuffplug. So I discovered that I could live without the program: now, with what you said, I'm more happy.... Marry Christmas... ;)

ScrenShot: Oops...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=876331]
Do you think you could rephrase that entire post in decent english ?
I would rather not Marry christmas, I hardly know her :/

Edit:
and now for the actual response:
quote:

quote:

"these guys" refers to certain people in this thread, like you. I don't see how you can interpret that as "Users of StuffPlug" without a serious lacking in your education of the english language.
quote:

the realiase of Stuffplug.

Wow, that sounds really really impressive. I'm not sure what it actually means though, it's the first time I've actually come across the word "realiase"...

quote:

So I discovered that I could live without the program

Honestly, I couldn't care less about you using StuffPlug or not. Just don't steal my features, that's all I'm asking.

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 03:23 PM by TheBlasphemer.
[Image: theblasp.png]
12-21-2007 03:16 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:

quote:

the realiase of Stuffplug.

I've updated it before you post... :P haha

Well...
"program for idiots like these guys." -> You make the program to people like these guys you're refering they are idiots... :P:P...

Ok, ok... Let's start again, without fights: I was asking a bit of respect on this post... because ok.... I have to agree with you: as all people you're not a robot and you didn't live only to code.... And you've the idea to make it... for me ok... But you don't have to use a "plz die" or a "program for idiots"..
When you came to this post, I was only saying what the post creator said and not request anything... If was that the idea, sorry...
;)

So.. let's erase all this and continue our lifes.... :)

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 03:39 PM by MicroWay.
12-21-2007 03:35 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: