What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
[Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
Author: Message:
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay

quote:

the realiase of Stuffplug.

I've updated it before you post... :P haha

Wow, you write in an incomprehensible manner, and then when it takes me a while to decipher your post, you think you're funny by modifying your post while I'm reading it? Wow, you amaze me with each and every post :/

quote:

Well...
"program for idiots like these guys." -> You make the program to people like these guys you're refering they are idiots... :P:P...

My only advise would be to re-read my posts, possibly with a dictionary at your side, and keep reading it till you actually understand what is written there.
quote:

Ok, ok... Let's start again, without fights: I was asking a bit of respect on this post... because ok.... I have to agree with you: as all people you're not a robot and you didn't live only to code.... And you've the idea to make it... for me ok... But you don't have to use a "plz die" or a "program for idiots"..
When you came to this post, I was only saying what the post creator said and not request anything... If was that the idea, sorry...
;)

So.. let's erase all this and continue our lifes.... :)
So now you're losing the battle, and you expect everyone to just ignore it?
Just fuck off already :/
[Image: theblasp.png]
12-21-2007 03:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
And you think I'm loosing?? hahahahha.. And you think I mind....

Ok... So go program Stuffplug for the idiots (as you first use it) and leave us with our lifes....
Better???? :P

PS: I suggest you to read the entire thread... but....

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 04:01 PM by MicroWay.
12-21-2007 03:46 PM
davidpolitis

RE: RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
"these guys" refers to certain people in this thread, like you. I don't see how you can interpret that as "Users of StuffPlug" without a serious lacking in your education of the english language.
You complain about his English, yet you've made some errors yourself. :/

quote:
So go program Stuffplug for the idiots (as you first use it).
He was referring to the people in the thread.

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 08:48 PM by davidpolitis.
12-21-2007 08:42 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
either study or school
aren't they the same thing?

Fixed my post. Sorry about that

quote:
Originally posted by markee

Furthermore, it is against copyright to profit off someone else's work (even the idea).
Yep...Thats why Linux/OSX/Windows/etc is are all illegal since they are based on Xerox. :rollseyes:

Dont talk shit out of your mouth, please.

quote:
Honestly, I couldn't care less about you using StuffPlug or not. Just don't steal my features, that's all I'm asking.
1: Noone is stealing your features. Only borrowing your ideas; He doesnt copy your code so it is not stealing.
2: Don't make fun of someone's spelling of a certain language. It is childish and AFAIK your first language isnt english either.

quote:

He wrote the post in Word, proofed it, then posted the reply. Its too obvious lol.
12-21-2007 09:07 PM
davidpolitis

RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features
quote:
Thats why Linux/OSX/Windows/etc is are all illegal since they are based on Xerox. :rollseyes:

You tell him to not talk shit from his mouth, yet you always make grammatical mistakes. Also, what you're saying is totally different.

quote:
He wrote the post in Word, proofed it, then posted the reply. Its too obvious lol.
Yes. I so badly did. ^o) Unlike you, English is my first language. Even if you search all of my computer, you will not find Word or anything alike.

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 09:30 PM by davidpolitis.
12-21-2007 09:12 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis

quote:
So go program Stuffplug for the idiots (as you first use it).
He was referring to the people in the thread.
;) Don't worry..... hehehe....
quote:

hahah.. :P
I just wrote it directly on the post... Didn't use Word :P:P
English here isn't the first language (as you said it right)...
quote:
Please... can we try to start making polite posts again??? I know you're no guilty about all, but, please.... ;)
quote:
quote:
"these guys" refers to certain people in this thread, like you. I don't see how you can interpret that as "Users of StuffPlug" without a serious lacking in your education of the english language.

quote:
2: Don't make fun of someone's spelling of a certain language. It is childish and AFAIK your first language isnt english either.
Thanks both (Y)....
;)
12-21-2007 10:02 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The "idiots" in this thread requested what any user of any program would request if that program isn't being updated anymore for a long time...

I don't see how such requests are "stealing" stuff.

Personally I have copied a feature of StuffPlug a long time ago and made a script out of it. And I need to do my own reverse engineering to make it work with current versions. And there are some people who also have this script, because StuffPlug isn't alive anymore.

I wont release it in public out of respect of the author of StuffPlug. However, to respect a whish from an author who don't seem to respect some if its users seems a bit silly too... What I want to say is, TB, that was not the best reaction you could've given here and I don't see any "idiot" in this thread...

Personally I can learn a thing or two from MicroWay, since he kept civil in times of flaming....

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 10:20 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-21-2007 10:17 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I wouldn't be too happy if someone stole a feature that I had made. This is the same principle as someone making a program that can tab conversation windows and add script functionality (although MP!L is still very much alive and is therefore a different case really).

If a program has not been updated for a while, it does not mean that it never will be and that we should be raping features for our own good. If the program was "dead" then yes... but you should still get permission from the author.

IIRC, SP is compatible with WLM 8.5, so why would anybody need these featues built into MP!L? (Note to OP: If versions lower than 9.0 don't work, I suggest you use a web messenger until you can find the problem or Microsoft release 9.0; Using WLM 9.0 if you're not a BETA tester just  slows down the testing process and puts further load on the servers.)

I think overall, if the function is copied directly, that is stealing. If you can improve on it and make it more reliable, that is just an improvement. MP!L took out the Nickname feature because WLM had it; I wouldn't expect them to add things after somebody else has already done it.

<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-21-2007 10:36 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
TB, don't insult people on my forum.

All this talk about "stealing" is what's really stupid here. Let people do what they want to do, they don't need your or my approval anyway. As Cookie said, there's no reason to act so strongly seeing you've not updated your software in a long time. I can perfectly understand why some people would want some features back, they won't wait for you forever and they don't have to. Learn to live with it.
[Image: signature2.gif]
12-21-2007 10:55 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Thats why Linux/OSX/Windows/etc is are all illegal since they are based on Xerox. :rollseyes:

You tell him to not talk shit from his mouth, yet you always make grammatical mistakes. Also, what you're saying is totally different.

I was talking about his "Furthermore, it is against copyright to profit off someone else's work (even the idea). " comment not your/his english.

quote:

quote:
Yes. I so badly did. ^o) Unlike you, English is my first language. Even if you search all of my computer, you will not find Word or anything alike.
Again I was not talking about you. I was talking about TB.

quote:
The "idiots" in this thread requested what any user of any program would request if that program isn't being updated anymore for a long time...

and why are we (including you cookie) idiots for requesting a update to a program and/or a script that does that same program?
Explain...

quote:
I wouldn't be too happy if someone stole a feature that I had made.

TB didnt make those features; He just wrote them in code and implanted them his way
A prime example: Plus! has had a 1100 character booster; Stuffplug has a 5000 character booster. Stuffplug "borrowed" the idea from Plus! and implanted it in its own (and this case) better way.
12-22-2007 01:56 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: