What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict.

Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict.
Author: Message:
tarrahfaggut

I Set My Friends On Fire

30 / Female / Flag
O.P. Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict.
I am thinking of downloading Messenger Discovery Live and I was wondering if this program causes conflict with Messenger plus?

Also,
Is there any hidden malware/viruses/potentially unwanted programs bundled with Messenger Discovery Live?
12-22-2007 01:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict.
It shouldn't cause conflicts with Plus! (in fact some features even need Plus to work!) but judging by it's track record you'll most likely have personal conflicts with it (I know I and many others have)

It's quite possibly the most buggy add-on that's survived year after year that I've ever used, still you're welcome to give it a go. I'm sure all the nasty nasty bugs have been squished by now
12-22-2007 01:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
It shouldn't cause conflicts with Plus! (in fact some features even need Plus to work!) but judging by it's track record you'll most likely have personal conflicts with it (I know I and many others have)

It's quite possibly the most buggy add-on that's survived year after year that I've ever used, still you're welcome to give it a go. I'm sure all the nasty nasty bugs have been squished by now

If only betas were being fed a little more constantly we would have a better idea, not that I'm really worried though despite the fact that I'm a tester :P After all the idea is to find bugs in betas as they come out, not complain about it :P

But a word of warning, Messenger Discovery 2 is still really early and buggy so 1.3 might be a better option if you want to use Messenger Discovery.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
12-22-2007 01:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tarrahfaggut

I Set My Friends On Fire

30 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict.
Thanks alot :)

I have decided I will give it a go and download 1.3 because I have alot of programs on my system that are in beta stages so Im gonna stay away from beta in Messenger Discovery
12-22-2007 02:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Well the nasty bugs i was referring to was I remember some quite horrible uninstall bug and some sponsor ware or something installing without user consent
12-22-2007 12:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: