What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Adware/Sponsor Questions

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Adware/Sponsor Questions
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Adware/Sponsor Questions
You are using AVG AntiVirus along with Norton Protection Center (which == 2 antivirus programs == conflicts).  You do NOT need to be running 2 AntiVirus Programs, i'd personally stick with Norton.  AVG is likely grabbing the sponsors files (as you say, it detected a "Trojan", it isnt really a trojan, AVG just sucks) and not alerting you correctly.  I'd say Remove AVG, Reinstall Plus! with Sponsor, Uninstall Sponsor using MsgPlus Setup.  And Never, EVER use 2 AntiVirus programs at once.  I hope this helps.
01-09-2008 08:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Adware/Sponsor Questions
If you don't see any popup advertisements marked "CiD", then the sponsor did not install on your system for some reason. Note that some detection programs block the sponsor without notice so if you didn't disable them before isntallation, this could explain why the program tried to install, failed and so, did not show anything as a result.

Bottom line is: don't worry. The only thing the sponsor does is show some advertisements, it does not do anythign else on your system. If you don't see the ads, then there's no need to search for the program and you can let your antivirus remove the uninstaller if it wants.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-09-2008 05:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: