What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq

Poll: Should there be a deadline to bring the troops back home? [Please post why you voted]
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq
I know I'm bringing back a really old thread but I had written up a reply that I'd like your views on. I wrote it down on notepad since my net died then forgot about it until I was clearing off my desktop :)

I would like to say something someone once told me. I don't really agree or disagree with it. I'll post my views a bit later.

What he said was..
"Could we say that the US is the new UK? In the sense that like UK (a better term might be 'the british empire') took over parts of the world in the olden days. The current United States is doing the same.

Democracy means letting the masses decide on what is to happen, right? Why take action unilaterally? Lets turn the clock back to the 19th of March, 2003. Did the US go to the UN before declaring a war against Afghanistan? I thought the UN was formed after WW2 to stop such things. Stop countries from saying 'fuck this. I'm going to war with you. Die.' Maybe I'm wrong. I certainly ain't an expert in history

OK you did have the Taliban regime in the Afghanistan. They were creating problems to world peace as you said. OK fine, we believe you. I don't really think asking the UN first would have made a huge difference. Any other country doing this would tons of sanctions on them. Was the same done with the US? I certainly didn't see an adverse effect.

Lets move on to something even more disturbing. The Iraq war. Did you, this time around, consult the UN? No. You justified the war with claims of them having WMDs. Did you find any? To this day, did you? Certainly you don't need these many years. Of course, my knowledge on this fact might be inaccurate.

So basically you went to war because the prime minister was doing inhumane acts (I believe there was some genocide). Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a similar situation prevelant in Zimbabwe? Oh I get it. Not enough incentive to attack them. Not a strategic enough position to make a base on.

I believe that the US has bases on a lot of countries around the world. Clearly its using its status as a super power to a huge advantage. Its location "far away" from other countries who took a major part in the WWs is the reason for this power, I would say.

The UN? What UN? If something had to be done, it would have been. I would say that the UN is just another thing that the US controls. Its more like the US is a mob trying to get whatever it wants however it wants. Call it paranoia, call it what you want, but it is clear that they don't always take decisions with consultancy. Defy me, I screw you.

Hope for a better peaceful world where everyone is at par seems bleak. This is just a nightmare waiting to happen.
As Einstein once said, 'I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with but I know that World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.'
"

Of course, when I heard this.. it left me thinking. Sadly I didn't have enough knowledge on the subject to know right from wrong or even to comment but I'm hoping someone here does.

As for them pulling out of Iraq, its a tricky situation.
a) You pull out and the country doesn't stand up on its feet, you have to go back and start again.
b) You don't pull out, the world will be on your back (for the right reasons..)

I say they follow a third option 'c'.
c) Bring the country up to a stable state. Announce a date of pulling out well in advance. Keep a probation period. If things start getting worse (you don't expect everything to get better overnight.. might take time), then come back in and support the government.
The people who are still fighting will hopefully realise that when foreign troops move out, they should start a democratic process to get the country back to its feet. Here's to hoping it happens :)

An eternal optimist hoping the world will be a safer and peaceful place to live in,
JA
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-02-2008 04:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by RebelSean on 12-27-2007 at 08:30 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Chancer on 12-27-2007 at 08:52 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by RebelSean on 12-27-2007 at 08:55 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by ShawnZ on 12-27-2007 at 08:59 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by MC Inferno on 12-28-2007 at 12:58 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by djdannyp on 12-28-2007 at 01:36 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Jhrono on 12-28-2007 at 01:58 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Voldemort on 12-28-2007 at 02:35 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Adeptus on 12-28-2007 at 05:10 AM
RE: RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Jhrono on 12-28-2007 at 11:51 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Shippo on 12-28-2007 at 09:38 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by absorbation on 12-28-2007 at 03:58 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by ShawnZ on 12-29-2007 at 12:03 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by wolfeboy100 on 12-29-2007 at 12:15 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by user27089 on 12-29-2007 at 12:16 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Justin on 12-29-2007 at 04:54 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by kezz on 12-29-2007 at 05:07 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by RebelSean on 12-29-2007 at 08:08 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Baggins on 12-29-2007 at 02:50 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Zahid™ on 12-29-2007 at 02:56 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Voldemort on 12-29-2007 at 04:01 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by RebelSean on 12-29-2007 at 08:07 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by absorbation on 12-29-2007 at 08:11 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by John Anderton on 03-02-2008 at 04:29 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by SikStyles on 03-02-2008 at 09:05 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Basilis on 03-02-2008 at 02:01 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by RebelSean on 03-03-2008 at 07:14 AM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Basilis on 03-03-2008 at 02:58 PM
RE: Withdrawl of U.S. troops in Iraq - by Anubis on 03-03-2008 at 05:16 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: