What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Music Library Duplicate Removerererer

Music Library Duplicate Removerererer
Author: Message:
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Music Library Duplicate Removerererer
Does anyone know of a program that, rather than analyzing the ID3 tags of an mp3 file to find duplicates, actually analyzes the song data to find duplicate copies of a song? I know that I have numerous duplicates in my music library but the traditional programs dont pick them up because the ID3 artist/title tages are spelt different or something.
12-29-2007 11:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Music Library Duplicate Removerererer
[unrelated]

why does this remind me of that awesomely dodgy itunes library exporter i made :D

[/unrelated]
Segosa is newb.
12-29-2007 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
you could try finddupe in your music directory or noclone on several directories, it generates a hash number and compares that... so it finds duplicates nicely, i have used them :D
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-29-2007 04:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
What programs are there that do this using how the track sounds? I have duplicated that have different metadata, but also duplicates that are encoded differently (eg a high bitrate version for my computer alongside lower bitrate versions for my phone).
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
12-30-2007 11:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
you could try finddupe in your music directory or noclone on several directories, it generates a hash number and compares that... so it finds duplicates nicely, i have used them :D
That will never work.

The hashes are based upon the file. It is just the same as simply comparing the file. The ID3 tags are contained within the files, so if they are different and the actual MP3 data stream is the same, the hashes would be different too and thus those duplicate songs will never be detected.

----

What is needed is a program which compares the actual decoded audio stream. (and prefereably does frequency analisys too, so that tiny differences can be dismissed or noted as 'almost similar' using spectography).

I requested the very same thing a very very very long time ago (back in the time the animals could still talk :p), never found a decent program: compare MP3's

And in January, the very same thing was also asked, but for images: Find copies of images

This post was edited on 12-30-2007 at 12:08 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-30-2007 11:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: