What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0
Author: Message:
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
* Eljay has also been making a similar skin, popular idea it seems :P

* Nathan made suggested it too eljay :P

* Nathan whips eljay, get back to work :(
12-30-2007 01:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
It's on guido's list isn't it? :P

gotta redo forums first 8-)
[Image: jumbled.png]
12-30-2007 01:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Vacci, yes it's on his list but he has so much other stuff to do (or at least that's what he told me)
12-30-2007 01:53 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I know, that's why I said it's on his list, list generally mans he has other stuff on there too, else it wouldn't be a list :p
[Image: jumbled.png]
12-30-2007 01:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
lol ok, but what I am attempting to put across is that he has a lot of stuff to do and it could be a long time before he even starts it!

Back onto the subject... I don't like it, But Very rarely are your first skins overly awesome imo.

Eljay's is awesome so far and he should keep at it

* Nathan gets out the whip again...
12-30-2007 02:26 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i can tell you exactly where the image came from its one of the wallpapers in the goodies section of the messenger plus website http://files.msgpluslive.net/goodies/wallpapers/m...uslive_wp2_800.png all he has done is bung that in as a background everywhere and there ya go one ugly skin cooled mediu rare lol.

im not dissing the guy i mean he is new to skinning after all and the attempt was admirable, its just plus is such a great program that any skin made in its image has a lot to live up to so a real basic skin like this wouldnt cut it im afraid.

like someone said above plus is themed to be blue so the official plus skin needs to blend into that general theme.
12-30-2007 06:05 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
I'm not saying the skin is great, but could some people at least offer constructive criticism instead of just "I don't like it" or "it's ugly"? To be honest, if I was TRash19 I'd be feeling pretty awful.

Personally, I think the skin is lacking because it does not fit in with the colour scheme of Plus!. Take a look at the website and the forums, blue is the colour which you see around. :) I think that if you changed the main colour to the same shades of blue, it would all start to look better. Take a look at the background image with the kind of 'shiny' effect and try to incorporate that into your skin if you feel capable.

Also, if you're going to be using the Plus! logo, try not to make it squashed, simply scale it up or down, but keep it same as it is, don't stretch it to make it fit. :)

I can see and understand that this is your first skin, and everybody starts somewhere, just try to take into consideration more of how Plus! and the website and forums look, and your skin will look much better. :) Good luck!

This post was edited on 12-30-2007 at 06:41 PM by Tasha.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
12-30-2007 06:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TRash19

TechNet - IT training with Microsoft

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
I'm not saying the skin is great, but could some people at least offer constructive criticism instead of just "I don't like it" or "it's ugly"? To be honest, if I was TRash19 I'd be feeling pretty awful.

Personally, I think the skin is lacking because it does not fit in with the colour scheme of Plus!. Take a look at the website and the forums, blue is the colour which you see around. :) I think that if you changed the main colour to the same shades of blue, it would all start to look better. Take a look at the background image with the kind of 'shiny' effect and try to incorporate that into your skin if you feel capable.

Also, if you're going to be using the Plus! logo, try not to make it squashed, simply scale it up or down, but keep it same as it is, don't stretch it to make it fit. :)

I can see and understand that this is your first skin, and everybody starts somewhere, just try to take into consideration more of how Plus! and the website and forums look, and your skin will look much better. :) Good luck!

Thanks Tasha, your good and bad words alike. I resolved those one. :)
                                              [Image: z0rfncwf-trashbmpd.png]
12-30-2007 07:23 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: