What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Strange Thing With Sounds

Strange Thing With Sounds
Author: Message:
Danny8247

O.P. Strange Thing With Sounds
I have a question.

My girlfriend sent me a Messenger Plus sound called "Halleluja D:" (a sound from Worms World Party). But there were problems with downloading it. That is quite normal so I clicked again on the sound. Then it was downloaded. But now it is called "ALLELUIA!". But it's exactly the same sound. When she sends me the "Halleluja D:", I don't get the sound, I still have only the "ALLELUIA!". The same is, when I send her the "ALLELUIA!". She still has only the "Halleluja D:"

This is very strange. How can that be?

(My English may be not very correct, that's because it's not my mother tongue :D)
12-31-2007 02:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Strange Thing With Sounds
That's not strange, its normal....

You can name the sound whatever you want, so either she has named it differently than the original name "ALLELUIA!", or somebody else named it "ALLELUIA!" and updated it on the database.

When you send the sound back to her, her Plus! will detect that she already has that sound and doesn't download it anymore from the online database but plays it directly from her local hard disk where it is stored. And thus she doesn't get the (updated) name from the database.

;)

This post was edited on 12-31-2007 at 03:15 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-31-2007 03:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: