What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Weather Warnings

Weather Warnings
Author: Message:
lethalreality9

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Weather Warnings
I'll try to explain myself as best as I can. I would like to have a script that puts a message in my personal message and changes automatically when a weather warning or watch is put into effect, and when there is no warning or watch it displays a message, for example: no watches or warnings in effect.

I live in Newfoundland, Canada, so I would only like to updates to come from the Avalon Peninsula North region of Newfoundland found on this page: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?nf28.

When a weather warning is in effect I would like the personal message to be bold and in red color and say, for example: "snowfall warning in effect as of 12:48 pm." and if that warning is updated again it would be like, for example: "snowfall warning continued as of 3:14 pm."

When there is a weather watch I would like the personal message to be bold and in a darkish yellow color and it would be like, for example: "winter storm watch in effect as of 8:09 pm" and so on.

When a weather warning or watch has ended I would like the personal message to be bold and in green color and say, for example: "rainfall warning ended as of 11:42 am." or "winter storm watch ended as of 9:02 pm."

Finally, when there is no update or no warning/watch in effect I would like the personal message to be bold and in a dark orange color and say, for example: "no watches or warnings in effect."

Please tie into the weather warnings and watched found at Environment Canada (http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html). If you want you could have an option to choose which region I'd like. If not, use Avalon Peninsula North (http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?nf28) as the default.

It would be great if this script is easy to modify, so I could change perhaps the colors or make it italic instead of bold.

Also, if you don't mind, I may modify it someday and claim it my own script and publish it for download (with credit to you, of course).

Please someone help me!

Thank you so much! :)

This post was edited on 03-22-2008 at 02:08 PM by Tochjo.
12-30-2007 04:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Weather Warnings
I'm on it now ;)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-30-2007 07:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lethalreality9

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Request] Weather Warnings
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I'm on it now ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D
12-30-2007 07:12 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Weather Warnings
You should use "weather.com", SpunkyLoveMuff, and identify by ZIP CODE.  I'd also like to see this use popup toasts to inform of the weather as well.
12-31-2007 03:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lethalreality9

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
You should use "weather.com", SpunkyLoveMuff, and identify by ZIP CODE.  I'd also like to see this use popup toasts to inform of the weather as well.

Well, if SLM did that, then how would it work for me then? :| Me and SLM already started working on the script and we are using the Environment Canada website and we are using Canadian regions. *-)
01-01-2008 08:33 PM
lethalreality9

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Originally posted by lethalreality9
quote:
Originally posted by Dane

Well, if SLM did that, then how would it work for me then? :| Me and SLM already started working on the script and we are using the Environment Canada website and we are using Canadian regions. *-)

WOOT. Canada :banana:

Haha! :P Yes, I really wanted a weather warnings script for Canada. I downloaded a weather script that used "weather.com" and my local forecast was all wrong. :( So, I decided to use Environment Canada, since they are the "first" ones to issue a weather warning to regions of Canada. (y)

This post was edited on 01-01-2008 at 09:07 PM by lethalreality9.
01-01-2008 09:04 PM
lethalreality9

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Please Close Thread] Weather Warnings
The first release, version 1.0.0 will be available for download within the next week or two! I'm currently trying to iron out some bugs and also trying to get together the overall look of some of the features.

Testers Needed!
I'm also looking for a few testers, so if you want to be a tester of this script, please PM me as soon as possible! I will send you more information in a PM-reply-back. But, basically I will send you the script to test and use and then your feedback will be greatly needed so I can make any changes before I actually release this to the public.

Admins, please close this thread.

This post was edited on 03-22-2008 at 02:05 PM by lethalreality9.
03-22-2008 02:03 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Please Close Thread] Weather Warnings
Thread closed by request. In the future you can use the [Image: report.gif] button you find below every post to notify moderators about such things :)
03-22-2008 02:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: