What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat Log Problems

Chat Log Problems
Author: Message:
Prince_of_Light

O.P. Chat Log Problems
There are a few contacts that I have added recently that Messenger Plus WILL NOT allow me to enable chat logs on permanently. I check the enable option, sign off manually, exit the program, then restart the program and sign back on just to find them all unchecked again. I have no idea what's going on and I've lost a lot of conversations because of this. Help?

EDIT: Plus Version 423.0.276 Messenger version: 8.0

Also, this happens each time I close the WINDOW of one of the contact's it's not saving for.

This post was edited on 01-11-2008 at 04:18 AM by Prince_of_Light.
01-11-2008 03:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Log Problems
I suggest you download msn 8.5 and plus 4.50. They are the latest versions and so the most trustworthy. But don't rely on that.Youm just don't lose anything if you try it.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
01-11-2008 08:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Log Problems
Go to Chat Logging Filter (Messenger Plus! Live Preferences panel>Conversations>Chat Logging) Here press on Filter button and make sure everyone is selected for their chats to be logged. Also set the "Default value for unknown or new contacts" option as "Enabled". (I think it is set as "Disabled" on your computer because you said you have ADDED RECENTLY so they are filtered out by default due to that option ;)

The option "Enable chat logging" in Convo window's Plus! menu is to change the preference temporarily without touching the real filter. For example, if you want to say something secret and don't want it to be logged in the log file, then you can easily use that option to disable chat logging for a while without going to the real filter.

This post was edited on 01-11-2008 at 10:32 PM by ahmetgns.
01-11-2008 10:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Prince_of_Light

O.P. RE: Chat Log Problems
YES! THANK YOU! *problem solved, if I can't close this threads, have mods close it*
01-11-2008 11:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: