What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Grayscale skins

Grayscale skins
Author: Message:
sfox

O.P. Grayscale skins
Why is it that all the skins I import into Messenger Plus 4.5 turn themselves grayscale when I view it.
I've done what's to be done: Install MSN Live 8.5, Install Messenger Plus 4.5, Import skin, restart MSN.

I've download Vista Ultimate and Vista X to see if it was just the one skin. They were both working incorrectly.
I look into the XML file and see if there are any major differences, and there wasn't, so I can only assume all skin XML files are similar.

Note:
I say I've installed MSN, I mean I installed P4.5 onto L8.1, imported the skin realising it will not work, then installed L8.5, only to find it made things worse. I then uninstalled both, and re-installed them completely. Still doesn't work.
01-17-2008 01:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Grayscale skins
Do you mean, in Skins section of MsgPlus! Live Preferences window, all listed skin names have been greyed out and you cannot apply them?
01-17-2008 12:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
sfox

O.P. RE: Grayscale skins
No. I mean the skins have no color. They just turn to colors between white, grey and black.

Screenshot
Have a look at this screenshot. The background has no color. It should do. This is the same with all other MSN windows.

This post was edited on 01-17-2008 at 12:57 PM by sfox.
01-17-2008 12:52 PM
duck!

– / Male / Flag
Try changing the color of Windows live messenger to a lighter color [Image: msn_tongue.gif]

This post was edited on 01-17-2008 at 05:24 PM by duck!.
QUACK QUACK QUACK

01-17-2008 05:13 PM
sfox

O.P. RE: Grayscale skins
Should it override the live messenger color settings? Is it not possible to just have the colors we were showed in the screenshot for the skin?
It makes it hard to see one thing or the other.

I've seen this skin on a friends MSN (same version) and it worked perfectly well.

No worries: I've fixed it now. Found out it was meant to be a particular color. It should of mentioned this somewhere!

This post was edited on 01-17-2008 at 07:58 PM by sfox.
01-17-2008 07:54 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by sfox
No worries: I've fixed it now. Found out it was meant to be a particular color. It should of mentioned this somewhere!

Most skins let you "colourize" them, meaning the will always be the same colour you set your Messenger windows to, so as to fit in with any styles you might have
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-17-2008 08:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: