What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » playing songs

playing songs
Author: Message:
Baradekai

O.P. playing songs
is it possible to increase the total time of the sound clip or in some other way play a full song in a convo. me and my friends thought it would be really cool if you could.
01-20-2008 09:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: playing songs
Not using Plus!'s sound feature, I don't think, as it's too much on the servers.
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-20-2008 10:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: playing songs
You can record a 15 seconds sound clip with Messenger's own feature. Messenger Plus! doesn't have any feature to increase that limit. Messenger patches like A-Patch or Mess-Patch may have it, I don't know but it would be too much load on the servers.

If you don't want to record the song from an external device like your radio, if the song file is in your computer, then sending the file itself or using Music Mix application in Messenger are the best solutions. (You can find Music Mix application from the menus of convo windows but that feature may not be avaliable in your region).

Messenger Plus! Live's emotion sounds' time cannot be increased more than 12 seconds currently because they are emotion sounds and supposed to be short.
01-20-2008 10:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Baradekai

O.P. RE: playing songs
aaw, alright thanks, i wish you could,  if nothing else to give a decent sample of a song since 12 seconds really isn't enough to decide if you like a song or not
01-21-2008 01:14 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: playing songs
quote:
Originally posted by Baradekai
aaw, alright thanks, i wish you could,  if nothing else to give a decent sample of a song since 12 seconds really isn't enough to decide if you like a song or not

iTunes offers free 30 second previews of all songs available on its music store

or alternatively try looking on YouTube....most songs are uploaded on there with either live performances or official music videos
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5235 days, 2 hours, 20 minutes, 5 seconds ago
01-21-2008 03:23 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: