What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » tuning wizard

tuning wizard
Author: Message:
beckyspain

O.P. tuning wizard
I have just got the VX6000 webcam. I am having trouble because when i try to talk to anyone or even testing it on voice playback, there is an echo and voice distortion really bad. I went to do the tuning wizard, but when i click on menu...tools...webcam settings....it says please use the wizard, but its in grey and i cannot click on it? I am just trying evrything to try to get this webcam to work properly!!! Any help appreciated. I can see my picture fine on the webcam, just trouble with the voice distortion.
01-18-2008 03:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: tuning wizard
you can't use the set-up wizard whilst in a call, so try it when you're not connected

also, the distortion probably comes from the microphone volume being too loud and so coming back out through your speakers and creating interference

try moving the microphone further away from your speakers, or turning the volume of the microphone down
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5234 days, 7 hours, 19 minutes, 43 seconds ago
01-18-2008 03:51 PM
beckyspain

O.P. RE: tuning wizard
I have tried moving the cam away from speakers and turning down volume...still no good. I cannot get onto the tuning wizard when I am not in a call, havnt tried it in a call!!
I have spent all day trying to get this webcam to work properly, trying different volumes and going back to voice playback test, doesnt help!
01-18-2008 03:56 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: tuning wizard
quote:
Originally posted by beckyspain
I have tried moving the cam away from speakers and turning down volume...still no good. I cannot get onto the tuning wizard when I am not in a call, havnt tried it in a call!!
I have spent all day trying to get this webcam to work properly, trying different volumes and going back to voice playback test, doesnt help!

Are you using the drivers that came with the webcam, or Windows default ones? try updating the drivers
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-18-2008 05:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
beckyspain

O.P. RE: tuning wizard
Hi, I have tried that as well! I am still searching google for a solution to this webcam and how to get messenger tunung wizard!
01-18-2008 05:10 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: