What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » No new emails?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
No new emails?
Author: Message:
The Alpha Gamer

O.P. No new emails?
For the past few days my WLM has been playing up when it comes to emails. It says in the window how many i have and everything, yet i never get alerts telling me when i receive an email anymore. Any way to fix that? D=
01-24-2008 06:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
YST

RE: No new emails?
hm i think in your case you go to..
tools > options > alerts and sounds > alerts and check the box 'display alerts when email is received'

i dunno if that's the problem
i have a similar problem but rather the opposite
the email icon (just above the contact list) that displays the amount of unread emails i currently have, doesn't seem to work anymore.
let's say the email icon displays (3) when i log on to indicate that i have 3 new messages (emails)
i go to click and open the emails but the email icon with the (3) next to it remains the same.
even after i've deleted the emails.
and if i log on with no new emails, i have to regularly check myself to see if i have received any new emails, and that can get annoying.
especially when it's important.

this happens on both of my computers.

i'm guessing it could be MSN plus, but i'm not too sure on that, either.
01-25-2008 06:36 PM
The Alpha Gamer

O.P. RE: RE: No new emails?
quote:
Originally posted by YST
hm i think in your case you go to..
tools > options > alerts and sounds > alerts and check the box 'display alerts when email is received'

i dunno if that's the problem
i have a similar problem but rather the opposite
the email icon (just above the contact list) that displays the amount of unread emails i currently have, doesn't seem to work anymore.
let's say the email icon displays (3) when i log on to indicate that i have 3 new messages (emails)
i go to click and open the emails but the email icon with the (3) next to it remains the same.
even after i've deleted the emails.
and if i log on with no new emails, i have to regularly check myself to see if i have received any new emails, and that can get annoying.
especially when it's important.

this happens on both of my computers.

Checked that box three times, and even unticked it and ticked it again D=

The first time i noticed it was when i upgrading to the newest beta version of Netvibes where i have a Hotmail module, could that have something to do with it?
01-25-2008 07:25 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by YST
Uninstall Messenger Plus! Live (from Add/Remove Programs) and see if you still have the problem.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-25-2008 08:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
@ The Alpha Gamer, if your status is Busy, alerts and sounds of Messenger is disabled. Make sure it is not Busy. If not, then try  uninstalling that Netvibes thing or disable its hotmail module etc.

@YST, do you have Windows Live Mail program installed on your both computers? If yes, then does your Messenger's e-mail buttons/links open that program or open Hotmail in a web browser? Because I am guessing your problem is caused by Windows Live Mail.
01-27-2008 02:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
YST

RE: RE: No new emails?
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
@YST, do you have Windows Live Mail program installed on your both computers? If yes, then does your Messenger's e-mail buttons/links open that program or open Hotmail in a web browser? Because I am guessing your problem is caused by Windows Live Mail.

Yep, both computers have the exact same version of LIVE! and Plus.
It wasn't always like this. Its only just happened about a week ago. Or roughly that.
But i have discovered it's not just happening to me; couple of my friends have the same problem.
01-27-2008 04:39 PM
Sylvanis

– / Female / Flag
I had the same issue as YST.  The mail icon would not update and there weren't any notifications when I received new mail.

Uninstalling and then reinstalling Messenger Plus! Live fixed the problem.
01-28-2008 06:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YST

RE: RE: No new emails?
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvanis
I had the same issue as YST.  The mail icon would not update and there weren't any notifications when I received new mail.

Uninstalling and then reinstalling Messenger Plus! Live fixed the problem.

wow! it works now! thank you so much!! :D
01-28-2008 10:32 AM
YST

ok i think i have spoke too soon :(
after switching on my computers the next day, the problem came back. And this time repairing or uninstalling no longer fixes it
sigh
01-29-2008 04:29 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I have the same problem. My mail button's e-mail count doesn't update and I don't get notifications for new email. I think that is server related and I tried without Plus! as well and the problem is still there. I never believed it is caused by Plus! anyway. I sent an email to my test account and I will update this post if I have the same problem with that too.

Edit: I had the same problem with my test account.

This post was edited on 01-30-2008 at 12:12 AM by ahmetgns.
01-29-2008 10:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: