What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do you recycle?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
Poll: Do you recycle?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
2 votes - 3 average   Do you recycle?
Author: Message:
Vazza

– / Female / –
RE: Do you recycle?
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
The scheme we use is called Reduce, Reuse, Recycle lol

Yeah I think that's the bog standard policy for the whole of britain...must ask Gordon if he obeys that policy......

completely off topic but I think this is about as active as I have been since 2005......

This post was edited on 01-29-2008 at 10:59 PM by Vazza.
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7268 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes, 4 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
01-29-2008 10:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
The scheme we use is called Reduce, Reuse, Recycle lol

Yeah I think that's the bog standard policy for the whole of britain...must ask Gordon if he obeys that policy......

completely off topic but I think this is about as active as I have been since 2005......

Yeah I wonder if he does obey that policy

I heard that my council was going to change the recycling weeks collecting cardboard and grass cuttings one week a month and plastic, glass and tins three weeks a month I would understand if it was during the winter (due to hardly any grass cuttings) but in the summer it would be pointless
01-29-2008 11:03 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
See, for this whole changing of collection days to work, they first need to get the recycling side of things sorted and more accessable to people, otherwise we probably are going to end up with lots and lot and lots and lots (you get the idea) of rats etc because of rubbish being left lying.

Get the recycling side sorted and that, theoritically speaking, should reduce the amount of actual household rubbish, as the majority of stuff seems to be coming in recyclable (?) packaging.
01-29-2008 11:09 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
See, for this whole changing of collection days to work, they first need to get the recycling side of things sorted and more accessable to people, otherwise we probably are going to end up with lots and lot and lots and lots (you get the idea) of rats etc because of rubbish being left lying.

Get the recycling side sorted and that, theoritically speaking, should reduce the amount of actual household rubbish, as the majority of stuff seems to be coming in recyclable (?) packaging.

That is a good point all they do is send us a calender with the free newspaper which tells you if its a green or blue week with what you can put out

However I went onto there website and found out that they currently don't recycle all types of plastic which isn't on the calender so I doubt people actually know that all types of plastic there council don't recycle which I guess they need to get the recycling side of things sorted out as you said
01-29-2008 11:13 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
Up to writing to local MP/MSP/ (don't know what welsh ones are sorry) to complain and tell them to start acting? Of course for that we'll need facts and figures......
01-29-2008 11:15 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by marissa
edit: question about the 'organic bins' in Nova Scotia and Toronto. is that just like banana peels and stuff? just compost it yourself and feed it to your gardens? :p
Thats only part of it. A partial list as to whats included:
food waste
non-recyclable paper products (boxboard, etc but not waxed cups)
yard waste, grass clippings, tree branches

basically anything that was once alive, processed or not
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-29-2008 11:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Up to writing to local MP/MSP/ (don't know what welsh ones are sorry) to complain and tell them to start acting? Of course for that we'll need facts and figures......

Yeah thats a goo idea (might have to write to them or leave a comment on one of there websites) and I am not welsh what made you think I was?

I live in a lovely place called essex lol
01-29-2008 11:30 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
No no no I had mentioned national, scottish and I know Wales has a parliament but I don't know what they are so it was so I didn't cause offence to them... that's all

Hey, Labour have that labour:vision channel on youtube....:D And I could always just go protest outside the Scottish Parliament (only an hour away....make a rubbish protest....get it :p)
01-29-2008 11:50 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
No no no I had mentioned national, scottish and I know Wales has a parliament but I don't know what they are so it was so I didn't cause offence to them... that's all

Hey, Labour have that labour:vision channel on youtube....:D And I could always just go protest outside the Scottish Parliament (only an hour away....make a rubbish protest....get it :p)

Oh right I understand what you was saying now

A rubbish protest lmao! thats a good one
01-30-2008 12:03 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Chelmsford (Essex) is really good for recycling the have brown bin for garden waste (every other week I think, but only when it's necessary do you put it out), black for normal (this gets collected every week) cans and glass box (every other week) paper and cardboard bag (the 'other' weeks) and also a plastics bag too, all collected from your door

Stoke-On-Trent varies in which part you live in, mine I had a real hard time even trying to get the box's to recycle with. But they collect rubbish weekly, and glasses and cans fortnightly and paper too in my area, there is a really good dump/recycle centre though which does EVERYTHING wood, textiles, electricals, fridges, washing machines other machines, plastics, cardboard, paint, oil etc etc etc and more etc
01-30-2008 12:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: