What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skin Requests » Pokemon skin

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Pokemon skin
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Pokemon skin
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
haha... I would use such a skin for sure :)

* Spunky waits for people to change mind...

The game is cool upto (and including) Crystal. Some after that were ok. It's been taken too far ¬_¬
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-30-2008 08:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tony

36 / Male / Flag
Crystal is the best by far :p
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
01-30-2008 09:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
emonslayer

– / Male / Flag
im a pokemon fan myself, i dont really watch the cartoons anymore though, personally though i think building a skin for this will be difficult depending on how your planning on doing it, i see 2 possible ways.

in original poemon back in the beginning there was 150 pokemon i think they may have expanded now as the show has gone on so one way is to do a seperate theme for every single pokemon, sorta similar to how djdannyp did his sexy skin but thats 150+ themes thus 150+ images and 150+ resgroups in the skininfo file thats the difficult method

alternatively you can go the trading card games route, in which there was about 7 colour coded categories of pokemon so you only need 7 themes and in each themes you do graphics to try and show off as many pokemon from that category as possible.

now if your happy with this trading card based version which is tones easier i might even give it a go myself to see what can be done, ive been looking for a new skinning challenge this just might be it.

EDIT:

ok heres the 7 categories im aware of

Colourless:
[Image: Colorless.gif]

Electric:
[Image: Electric.gif]

Fighting:
[Image: Fighting.gif]

Fire:
[Image: Fire.gif]

Grass:
[Image: Grass.gif]

Psychic:
[Image: Psychic.gif]

Water:
[Image: Water.gif]

let me know if this categorised method is ok.

This post was edited on 02-10-2008 at 11:22 AM by emonslayer.
02-10-2008 09:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
It can easily be done by adding restrictions but the size of the skin will be big and it cannot include many pokemons
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
02-10-2008 12:19 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Why not make just one theme based around the 3 (original)starting pokemon?
[Image: jumbled.png]
02-10-2008 12:55 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Good idea. I suggest that Ash Ketcham is included also.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
02-10-2008 01:00 PM
emonslayer

– / Male / Flag
ok i can certainly look into that for you all.
02-10-2008 01:45 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by emonslayer
im a pokemon fan myself, i dont really watch the cartoons anymore though, personally though i think building a skin for this will be difficult depending on how your planning on doing it, i see 2 possible ways.

in original poemon back in the beginning there was 150 pokemon i think they may have expanded now as the show has gone on so one way is to do a seperate theme for every single pokemon, sorta similar to how djdannyp did his sexy skin but thats 150+ themes thus 150+ images and 150+ resgroups in the skininfo file thats the difficult method

alternatively you can go the trading card games route, in which there was about 7 colour coded categories of pokemon so you only need 7 themes and in each themes you do graphics to try and show off as many pokemon from that category as possible.

now if your happy with this trading card based version which is tones easier i might even give it a go myself to see what can be done, ive been looking for a new skinning challenge this just might be it.

EDIT:

Foregot Darkness and Metal :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
02-10-2008 06:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zogo

all you are doomed

30 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Pokemon skin
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
At least you could attach some pictures. Don't expect us to find one since I believe no one in this forum watches Pokemon anymore. Then, someone may try to make it for you.
Pokemon owns! lol i dont watch it anymore but its still really cool!
my bro still watches it :P
people have negativly rated me saying i'm spamming just to get 100 posts... i'm not! i'm 100% realy stuck... somtimes
02-10-2008 06:30 PM
emonslayer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by emonslayer

EDIT:

Foregot Darkness and Metal :P

i only know of the categories that were around when the trading cards first came out if there are more send me the images of the category cards and i can work with them to do those 2, if i use xnview like menthix suggested to me in another thread i can keep image size down even with loads of pokemon as long as i keep them as part of the bacground and not as seperate layers.
02-10-2008 06:58 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: