What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] About Event Viewer

[Suggestion] About Event Viewer
Author: Message:
gaps

O.P. [Suggestion] About Event Viewer
Hi,
I think that the event viewer misses a "date" column, because in my case I keep WLM running for several days and it gets confusing not knowing wich day was such event, specially when filtering the events... This could be activated only for people who wants it, for example...

Another thing: on the contacts window, the menu that opens when you click the Plus! icon is not the same menu that opens when you choose the Plus! option on the menu bar... People like me, who likes to hide the menu bar, have to show the menu bar (maximizing or going to that icon that pops up the menu bar) to see the other options, when it's not necessary...

Thanks for reading :P
02-13-2008 02:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] About Event Viewer
The main Plus! menu can be accessed in Messenger 8.5 easily with their new menu icon on the right side.

As for the time column of the event viewer, if you keep your mouse cursor on top of any event, you'll get a tooltip telling you the exact date associated :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-13-2008 10:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gaps
Another thing: on the contacts window, the menu that opens when you click the Plus! icon is not the same menu that opens when you choose the Plus! option on the menu bar... People like me, who likes to hide the menu bar, have to show the menu bar (maximizing or going to that icon that pops up the menu bar) to see the other options, when it's not necessary...
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The main Plus! menu can be accessed in Messenger 8.5 easily with their new menu icon on the right side.
Also, Plus! button menu is not supposed to be the same with Plus! menu among WLM's menus anyway. And the same difference appears at contact list window as well.  Some items in button menus are not in standard menus and vice versa. Difference is good.
02-18-2008 06:04 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
As for the time column of the event viewer, if you keep your mouse cursor on top of any event, you'll get a tooltip telling you the exact date associated :).
It may be worth adding the column, even if as an option a la Windows Explorer.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-19-2008 02:14 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
It may be worth adding the column, even if as an option a la Windows Explorer.
agreed...

I miss the 'date' column too. Hoovering over the events to get the date is nice, but time consuming and a bit clumsy...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-21-2008 12:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
ha well, if Cookie asks for it, I'll have to add it to the list for 4.60 or something.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-21-2008 04:20 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: