What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Blinding out personal message

[Suggestion] Blinding out personal message
Author: Message:
KeroChan

O.P. [Suggestion] Blinding out personal message
Hello. ^^
I thought that you should be able to blind out the personal messages of your contacts in the list. In the message windows you can also blind out the avatar and you can change the names of the contacts with Messenger Plus. So a script for blinding out these messages should be added. =) I'm annoyed because of these ultralong sentences in there. That's why I would be very happy and thankful, if anybody could write such a script. ^^
Greetings, Kero
02-16-2008 11:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Blinding out personal message
You can replace their whole name with a name of your choice, just right click, and select "Add a Nickname" and away you go.

Hope this helped :)
02-17-2008 01:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Blinding out personal message
quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
You can replace their whole name with a name of your choice, just right click, and select "Add a Nickname" and away you go.
That isn't actually what he/she asked. He/she wants to hide the personal message of his/her contacts.

Well, you can simply patch the personal messages from your Messenger using a program like A-Patch or Mess Patch and select the option "Remove Contact's Personal Message" (or something likely) and patch your Messenger. However, you should be aware that this can cause conflicts when:
  • you have a Messenger Plus! Live skin activated. In that case, the patch won't have any effect since Plus! re-patches it in memory with the resources of the Plus! skin.
  • you have a skin installed which already patched Messenger. These are the skins which require you to replace some DLLs in your Messenger installation directory, or which have a setup which does the patching. In that case, Mess Patch may fail to patch the skin's resources or cause unwanted results.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
02-17-2008 11:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: