What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed Chat (graphical) bug

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Tabbed Chat (graphical) bug
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed Chat (graphical) bug
You can download and install StuffPlug 3.5 (maybe older versions as well) for WLM 8.5 (maybe older versions as well) and use its tabs feature and deactivate tabs feature of Plus! for the time being. Also, someone else reported the same problem, even for Plus! Live: Need Help With Grouped Chats. (Note that this thread was created when the new Live versions of Messenger Plus! didn't exist so solutions in here will probably not be valid for Live version)

My recommendation to you, update your graphics driver with the latest driver from the manufacturer of the card.
quote:
Originally posted by aaa3
secondly, i searched both manually and using search function ("tab black" was invalid coz of 3 char word, "tabs black" gave this topic)
Do this trick: black "tab " Note that there is space after tab and there are four characters in quotation marks ;)
02-04-2008 05:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aaa3

hehe the trick is very witty, thx for it i will use it in my searches from now on ;)
i dl-ed stuffplug and when attempted to install it i realised (it warned me) that i wasnt using the latest 8.5 but the 8.1 version of wlm!
btw, installed 8.5 on top of all but bug is the same.
Then installed again the plus on top of all but bug is still the same.
Then installed oldskool skin (liked the 8.1 look over 8.5) but still same.
Then tried stuffplug, it had, amongst a lots of others, a nice new feature of "another style" tabs, but i dont like it and it does not fix the bug only circumvent it. i would like to use the original plus tabs... (sry if this looks nerd or unpolite i know u only wanted to help me).

i will try the driver stuff, thx. my only problem is that when i last time tried them, the newest drivers didnt work properly with wolfenstein enemy territory but who cares, i will try it again. i didnt had any reason to use the latest when the old worked better and had no problems. but if it will fix then i can live without command map icons in ET :$ or idk but at least a try i can do.

now i could also manage to install that messpatch.... er... how exactly would it help in this situation? (anyway i dont like addons i only want wlm and plus, these 2. plus the new skin.) what should i do it with now? (before i install that grafix driver)

and to that 2 keys (sidebarcolour), how can i find them at the registry, or as i said they arent there, can i add them myself, manually in the registry? (just an idea...)

This post was edited on 02-04-2008 at 11:38 PM by aaa3.
02-04-2008 11:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
and to that 2 keys (sidebarcolour), how can i find them at the registry, or as i said they arent there, can i add them myself, manually in the registry? (just an idea...)
This sentence used to appear in Registry Settings page before version 4.50, I have no idea why it has been removed now
quote:
None of the values mentioned below are present by default, they have to be created manually.
So you must create them in registry. However as I said earlier, those settings are for old Messenger Plus! and cannot be used with Live versions. You already see the avaliable registry settings for Messenger Plus! Live 4.50 at http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry/

I found the page of old Messenger Plus! registry settings that was cached at the date this thread has been created (10.30.2005):  Messenger Plus! | Help: Registry Tweaks Although the settings you will find here have nothing to do with Live version, note that the values must be SideBarColor and SideBarColor2, not Colour. Also the Messenger Plus! Tweak software promoted at that page cannot be used with Messenger Plus! Live, you must use Messenger Plus! Tweak Live for Plus! Live. As a summary, the SideBarColor setting has nothing to do with your problem, I think. And Mess Patch as well :P

Update your driver and lets see what happens.
02-05-2008 10:47 AM
aaa3

updated the driver to the latest forceware AND (twas a mistake looking back) added manually the 2 keys. i added those 2 value after the pattern of another but existing colour-related values.
now it's fixed but i dont know what of the 2 different ways did so:D XD
---------------
[Image: msn.gif]
----------------
btw if anybody will have the same problem in the future, and if it was the driver, i tell that i have a GF 6600 and had the driver installed from it's CD, but now updated to latest. so thats the possible fix.

i will test to remove 2 two key and restart my pc, and if everything will be ok then we know that it was the driver. Thx for everybody's replies, and i will edit this post after had the test done.
(H)(H)(H)

EDIT1: omg its black again!!!
EDIT2: tests show that its only blackening now when i launch a full-screen direct3d application, or at least approximately this is the situation. Thias also suggests that its a driver-related bug.
EDIT3: 2 values removed from registry and still working (except as above) so it was driver 100% sure.

This post was edited on 02-06-2008 at 10:41 PM by aaa3.
02-06-2008 03:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
EDIT2: tests show that its only blackening now when i launch a full-screen direct3d application, or at least approximately this is the situation. Thias also suggests that its a driver-related bug.
Yeah, the guy in this thread already said that :) Need Help With Grouped Chats.
quote:
i will test to remove 2 two key and restart my pc, and if everything will be ok then we know that it was the driver. Thx for everybody's replies, and i will edit this post after had the test done.
:P:P:P

EDIT1: omg its black again!!!
By the way, it couldn't appear again because you remove SideBarColor settings in registry because you created those values in the wrong path anyway :P. You would have to create them under "Patchou>Messenger Plus! Live" if they had any effect on this. It looks like you created them under your Preferences entry in registry so it can affect nothing from there :)

This post was edited on 02-06-2008 at 11:02 PM by ahmetgns.
02-06-2008 11:01 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: