What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » help with wlm 9

help with wlm 9
Author: Message:
xsuper

O.P. help with wlm 9
hi all, a newbie question,
is it possible to detect more than one computer logged in scripts?
Like a function that detects it, such as OnEvent_SignIn.
Thanks
02-18-2008 02:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: help with wlm 9
Could you expand on that somewhat? I think you're asking something along the lines of how many PCs you're signed into at the same time; is that right? If so, I'll have a look at the WLM9 files to see if the info can be retrieved.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-19-2008 02:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
xsuper

O.P. RE: help with wlm 9
ya because i would like to control the script to run only when i am signed in at one place.
sorry for late reply, hope you are still there.
btw how do you check the wlm9 files?
02-24-2008 04:45 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
If I understand correctly, you want to make a script which only works when you're the user who signed in.

Well, you could make the OnEvent_SignIn to check the e-mail address of the user who signed in, like so:
code:
function OnEvent_SignIn(Email) {
   if(Email == "someone@hotmail.com") {
      StartScript(); //Some function which should start the script, just to give you an example.
   }
}
And then, you should do something similar with OnEvent_SignOut, so that it stops before anyone else signs in.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
02-24-2008 08:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
If I understand correctly, you want to make a script which only works when you're the user who signed in.

Well, you could make the OnEvent_SignIn to check the e-mail address of the user who signed in, like so:
code:
      StartScript(); //Some function which should start the script, just to give you an example.
   }
}
And then, you should do something similar with OnEvent_SignOut, so that it stops before anyone else signs in.
No.

With the new protocol used in Windows Live Messenger 9, you will be able to stay signed in at different PCs.

Before, when you signed in on PC1 and then you sign in on PC2, you would be singed out of Messenger on PC1 (showing a popup that states something like "you've signed in on another computer, click here to sign back in here").

With the new protocol this isn't so anymore; both the Messengers will have you signed in.

--------------------------------

With Plus! scripting this can not be detected.

Also note that WLM9 is still in private beta and things can change until it is publically available.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-24-2008 09:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
With the new protocol used in Windows Live Messenger 9, you will be able to stay signed in at different PCs.
Ah, okay. Sorry, I'm not a BETA tester, nor will I switch before the FINAL, so I couldn't know. Thanks for clearing this up. :)

* Matti shuts his mouth.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
02-24-2008 09:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
xsuper

O.P. RE: RE: help with wlm 9
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike

code:
   }
}
No.

Before, when you signed in on PC1 and then you sign in on PC2, you would be singed out of Messenger on PC1 (showing a popup that states something like "you've signed in on another computer, click here to sign back in here").

With the new protocol this isn't so anymore; both the Messengers will have you signed in.

--------------------------------

With Plus! scripting this can not be detected.

Also note that WLM9 is still in private beta and things can change until it is publically available.

Aw... dang it
oh well thanks for clearing that up
02-25-2008 01:53 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: