What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contact Info windows, "Has You" info in them and /ctcinfo command

Contact Info windows, "Has You" info in them and /ctcinfo command
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contact Info windows, "Has You" info in them and /ctcinfo command
I like the "has you" information at contact information windows and I use it a lot. However there is one thing that I still cannot like. That is, it doesn't inform me whether I'm on that contact's list or not if he is not in my list currently, you know it says: "This contact is not in your list." Don't say "you dislike every improvement" to me because I really don't need the information about the contact in my list or not in contact information windows. Simply because I can easily check it from my contact list window by typing his address to contact search bar or if that contact's chat window is open, doesn't matter if I opened it to send a message to him or he sent a message to me, the bar at the top of received messages already say "email@address.com is not in your list. Add this contact to your contact list" so I can easily see that if that contact is not in my list. So when I opened that contact's contact info window, I should see if I am on his list or not, nothing more. please patchou, don't let the "in list" info override the "has you" info in contact info windows, at least make "has you" info always visible there regardless the "in list" info is there or not.

And the second problem is about the /ctcinfo command. In the command helper window's tooltip for /ctcinfo, it says "Displays extra information related to your contact" as if it could only be used for the contact who I talk to however if I enter one of my contacts' e-mail address and press Enter, it opens that contact's contact information window. So I think the tooltip for that command must be changed like "Displays extra information related to a contact" and when we insert the command it must insert a highlighted <contact's e-mail> parameter. But there is another problem with it. If I write an email address which I don't have currently in my contact list, then it does nothing, only Windows plays a ding sound and nothing happens. However that must work for not-in-list contacts too like /profile command works for every email address. I wrote this in bug reports forum because I consider this as a bug. And I wrote the things in my first paragraph to this thread because I want to use this command to check people who I don't have in my list if they have me or not from their contact information windows.

I inspired from rainbow's Is this possible? thread where he asks for a way to check a contact who he doesn't have in his list currently if he is in that contact's list or not. If these things worked like I wanted, I would suggest "/ctcinfo his@email.com" method to rainbow.

Thanks for reading (and thanks for doing what I want :d)

AND SPECIAL THANKS TO WDZ FOR HELPING TO POST THIS MESSAGE
03-04-2008 09:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact Info windows, "Has You" info in them and /ctcinfo command
Part 1:
I don't know how easily Plus! can retrieve the 'Reverse List', which is needed to implement what you suggest.

Part 2:
I think the ToolTip is accurate enough: after all, even if the e-mail is different, it's still your contact ;)
As for the argument, I think it's just one of those undocumented features. Most programs have them.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-10-2008 03:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: