What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed chats order

Tabbed chats order
Author: Message:
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. Tabbed chats order
This is not actually a bug but it can cause trouble. When you have the tabbed chat enabled and talk to someone, if someone else opens a conversation with you, the message that you are typing to send to the first contact starts being typed in the second contacts window and if you don't see it, you send the message to the second, although you wanted to sent it to the first. Can this be fixed? Thanks for your time.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-05-2008 03:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed chats order
Are you sure about that? I don't have that behaviour? The tab doesn't switch here when a new chat arrives...

This post was edited on 03-06-2008 at 12:32 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-06-2008 12:23 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
that can happen when you're in Appear Offline, it's actually a rather annoying Messenger bug that happens even when not using tabbed chats.

This post was edited on 03-06-2008 at 07:03 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-06-2008 07:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Tabbed chats order
I am sign in offline so this is the reason. Thanks for letting me know Patchou.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-06-2008 01:29 PM
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
This happens when you receive an offline-message, and it's hardcoded in Windows Live Messenger to automatically bring the window to front (you can call that a bug). Normally Messenger doesn't send offline-messages when talking to people who appear offline. But it when it cannot start a server session between the person who is appearing offline and his contact, and the result is an offline-message. The same thing happens when your contact actually is offline, it cannot create a session so it sends it as a offline message instead.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was exploited to see if a contact was appearing offline in the old days. If the session was created successfully, he was appearing offline.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-06-2008 06:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I am sign in offline so this is the reason. Thanks for letting me know Patchou.
I didn't know this bug but if you usually appear offline and you feel bad about this bug, then changing the offline messages setting in Messenger Options (Messages>Offline Instant Messages Settings) would be good for you. With the second option, the new offline messages will not be shown directly but a toast appears and says "You have received an offline-message. Click here to view it."
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was exploited to see if a contact was appearing offline in the old days. If the session was created successfully, he was appearing offline.
Were people who sends offline-messages to offline contacts able to detect if session was created successfully or not? In my humble opinion, only the receiver end can know if the session is successful or not *-)
03-07-2008 12:12 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
It's possible using a local proxy or a packet sniffer to detect the protocol messages.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-10-2008 03:06 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: