What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Help deleting Trojan Virus

Help deleting Trojan Virus
Author: Message:
megolas80

O.P. Huh?  Help deleting Trojan Virus
First off i have BACKDOOR.Rbot.hvj trojan, yeah i know its bad :(

with the help of my AVG ive found the folder where its located. someone told me to delete it using my recycling bin then delete it from the H_KEY. should i do that?

Im in my Registry Edit (for the first time) i have no idea where to go, so i need help in here to.

Thanks.
03-19-2008 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Help deleting Trojan Virus
follow the steps on this website (as it says, at your own risk, but it should be ok) and it should be gone.

good luck

edit: be extra careful when editing the registry. only remove entries that are exactly the same as the ones on the website or you could mess up bigtime

This post was edited on 03-20-2008 at 12:39 AM by Jesus.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
03-20-2008 12:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matt

skate is not a crime...

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by megolas80
First off i have BACKDOOR.Rbot.hvj trojan, yeah i know its bad :(

with the help of my AVG ive found the folder where its located. someone told me to delete it using my recycling bin then delete it from the H_KEY. should i do that?

Im in my Registry Edit (for the first time) i have no idea where to go, so i need help in here to.

Thanks.

hey man.  i have had that problem just like u.  i am not a computer geek, but i can tell u my experience and then you can wait for another member of the community to help you with more information.

first, i don't use AVG, i heard it's a good antivirus but i use PANDA 08 with a Firewall.  I download it from www.pandasoftware.com, then once i had this antivirus i scanned all the computer and i that case i found about 150 spywares and 4 viruses in the system, which i know is gross.   

a friend of mine and I, had a problem with a virus which was in a folder as well and just click ''delete'', the virus was killed basically, but we had to disconnect it from the internet and restart. 

i recommend u to try pulling out your virus with the antivirus and if it doesn't recognize your virus.  you should download this better one.  I haven't personally heard that deleting virus manualy is a good way.

again, i am not a master on this.  use this as my opinion and experience. (Y)[Image: tumbleweed.gif]

welcome to the community from my end. :)
03-20-2008 12:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zogo

all you are doomed

30 / Male / Flag
avg has saved my back too many times!!!

deleting it from avg is safer because it repairs the infected system files

This post was edited on 03-22-2008 at 07:40 PM by zogo.
people have negativly rated me saying i'm spamming just to get 100 posts... i'm not! i'm 100% realy stuck... somtimes
03-22-2008 07:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: