What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
[Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
lol .Lou cross-forum posting :P

I do look forward to using VLM, as I have all your skins (even though I don't use them much) and to see how much higher up you put the benchmark of Plus! skinning to be (and how incredibly far away I am).

But to be really honest, the screenies themselves don't quite impress me so much, but with the theme generator that .Lou mentioned and the whole slew of options that you have (that aren't those simple remove this remove that thing), I have no clue what to expect. :P
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
This screen shot shows the power of the skin, It shows the changing of Windows Aero Messenger to Vista Live Messenger. All of this was achieved by just changing one setting in the options panel.
Oi don't make it seem like the hardest thing in the world :P

And to sum it all (by my very scattered brain), can't wait!

Hey naga, that one setting change causes a whole bunch of resource groups to change accordingly. There are a lot of settings that impact other settings as well so its not as easy as it sounds. The skininfo.xml is over 11,000 lines long so yeah :P
03-18-2008 01:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Hey naga, that one setting change causes a whole bunch of resource groups to change accordingly. There are a lot of settings that impact other settings as well so its not as easy as it sounds. The skininfo.xml is over 11,000 lines long so yeah :P

Oh **** I would die looking at that (and so would Dreamweaver, along with the rest of my computer :P). LoV only has 566, with ~60 lines of <!-->s. Now doing the math...it took me about an hour to get it all tidied, and it would take you...A LOT of TIME. I take that back :P, and plus, the way I did it isn't probably as efficient as your method anyhow :P

And can we get another screenshot now? (A) And how many millions of combination can we get in total? (In an astronomical number mood today :P)
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6560 days, 2 hours, 43 minutes, 31 seconds ago.

03-18-2008 01:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: