What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Scripts?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Scripts?
Author: Message:
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Scripts?
Read my post again. If it does say that the contact is online, you are blocked, 100% accurate. But if it doesn't, you cannot know, and this is way better than nothing.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-23-2008 04:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Read mine again ;) I didn't say that the positives are wrong, but it depends on the user having a specific option turned off and being online at the time in question etc. If they don't have that option or are actually offline, then the site will say they are not online, even if they are, but have blocked the user.

I understand that if it says that they are online, you must be blocked, but it's not accurate.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-23-2008 04:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The problem is that people do not see this as "half accurate". They see it and interpret it as "working" or "not working". And most believe it is working because they don't know any better...

People expect such things to be correct. And despite what you may say, such blockcheckers are not.

The misconception is even enlarged when such blockcheckers respond with "offline" while in fact, they do NOT know if the email is offline or not!!!

It would have been different if they returned "we do not know. The user may have checked that privacy option, so we can never be sure.", since that is an accurate response. "offline" is not accurate at all, in any sense, it is a serious misconception, misinformation, aka it is simply wrong.

But the common user does not know this, but he does interpret it as being accurate.

And because of the lack of a proper and correct response, in any case, the common user is left in the dark and left with the big misconceptions that blockcheckers do work.

This post was edited on 03-23-2008 at 06:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-23-2008 06:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
That is because that blockchecker is way old and outdated, maybe I should do a new one someday just for fun.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-23-2008 07:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kezz

'kezz.,

32 / Male / Flag
Don't annoy someone enough so that they block you? That way it doesn't matter whether or not any block-checkers work. (Which they don't)
[Image: 2764.png]
[Image: internet.png]
03-24-2008 02:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: