What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!)

[Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!)
quote:
Originally posted by felipEx
* felipEx waits for Cookie's reply :D
That's what I meant, yes.

At phalanxii, hmmm, very good point. I guess this has something todo with the fact that scripts can be unloaded, removed, etc. But then again, as felipEx showed, you could handle that with Uninitialize() and ChatWndDestroyed() and stuff. Dunno really.... This is something for Patchou to answer I think: why it is that it isn't allowed, but still possible.

Anyways, even if it wouldn't have been possible like that, you could also make a very small ActiveX dll which does the same as  GetCallbackPtr(). I have used such an ActiveX a long time ago as kind of experiment, before GetCallbackPtr existed, and it worked nice. You call the ActiveX, the ActiveX returns a pointer you could use in a call to the SetWindowLongW API and you needed a var function (like the one used with Xniff and other ActiveX which call back to the script).

And, but I never made this experiment yet, I think you could also device something with a Plus! Window of which you 'borrowed' the WinProc address to be used to overwrite the WinProc of another window. And with OnWindowidEvent_MessageNotification you can catch the window messages of that 'external' window. If this works, it also means you could subclass already long before GetCallbackPtr() existed.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-28-2008 04:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by phalanxii on 03-27-2008 at 12:05 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by effection on 03-27-2008 at 04:45 PM
RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by phalanxii on 03-28-2008 at 12:47 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-27-2008 at 07:25 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by felipEx on 03-28-2008 at 05:00 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by phalanxii on 03-28-2008 at 07:03 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-28-2008 at 04:57 PM
RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by deAd on 03-28-2008 at 06:22 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-28-2008 at 06:49 PM
RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by deAd on 03-28-2008 at 07:20 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by Patchou on 03-28-2008 at 07:34 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-29-2008 at 03:56 AM
RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by deAd on 03-29-2008 at 06:17 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-29-2008 at 07:18 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 12:59 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by phalanxii on 04-12-2008 at 12:44 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by roflmao456 on 04-12-2008 at 02:13 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: