What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contact List Clean up Bug

Contact List Clean up Bug
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug
quote:
Originally posted by alister
but it says some people that i no have me on there contact list dont have me at all
It might be that they have deleted you

Second, how do you know for sure they have you on their contacts list? It is quite possible that you can see the status of someone, talk to someone, etc without that person having you on his/hers contact list.

quote:
only things i can think of that may be causing this could it be somthing to do with polyagami
Messenger Plus! is polygamy compatible. Polygamy does not influence The Contact List Cleanup.

quote:
also was wondering if you have a contact on your msn list that has never come online does contact list clean up actully work that out and say they dont have you?
You're confusing things so it seems.

The indicating that someone has/hasn't you on their contacts list has got nothing todo with the contact status.

So even if you have never seen a contact online, that contact might still have you on their contact list, or it might not. (and vice versa).

-------------------------------------

The information you see in the Contact List Cleanup window comes from Messenger itself. Plus! does not calculate this information itself, Plus! gets it directly from Messenger. So if Messenger is wrong, Plus! would be wrong.

The indication "Has you/Doesn't has you on his/hers contact list" _only_ indicates if that contact has/hasn't you on their contact list, nothing more. It has got nothing todo with the fact if you talked to that person before or not, nor does it has anything todo with you seeing that contact online or not.

All the other information from the Contact List Cleanup (the info in the columns of the list itself) regarding the last time you had a chat with someone, etc. is calculated from the moment you have installed Plus!. Since Plus! can not know what you have done and who you have talked to before you have installed Plus!. So even if is says "never talked to", it can still mean that you have talked to that person before you had Plus! installed.

----------------------

PS: please try to use punctuation. It is hard to read sentences without commas, capitals and end markers.

This post was edited on 04-04-2008 at 08:21 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-04-2008 08:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Contact List Clean up Bug - by alister on 04-03-2008 at 02:29 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by CookieRevised on 04-04-2008 at 08:20 AM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by alister on 04-04-2008 at 01:21 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by PeYonka on 05-14-2008 at 02:58 AM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by ahmetgns on 05-23-2008 at 04:42 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by i3rror on 01-31-2010 at 02:57 PM
RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by ahmetgns on 01-31-2010 at 04:33 PM
RE: RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by i3rror on 02-01-2010 at 04:53 PM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by ahmetgns on 02-01-2010 at 06:08 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by DyNo on 02-01-2010 at 10:49 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by finjo on 03-14-2010 at 04:25 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by blessedguy on 03-14-2010 at 05:41 PM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by egw1 on 04-20-2010 at 10:31 AM
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug - by CookieRevised on 04-20-2010 at 07:16 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: