What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus! Profile

Plus! Profile
Author: Message:
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus! Profile
This idea came up to mind while I was coming back from school. It would be very nice if the contacts in the contact list that use Plus! had a profile. I mean they could write what they wanted in it and also some information. It could be a window that they could easily edit (maybe it would come up with a guide) or a standard window that they could just type in (both would be ChildTemplates). They could write their favorite food or even their school grades. I don't know if this is a good suggestion and if it can be implemented. I am creating a window at this moment and I will attach it  to let you know how it could look like.

This post was edited on 04-03-2008 at 08:16 PM by Basilis.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
04-03-2008 08:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! Profile
1. Thats what the contact card is for.
2. There would be no way for Plus to update that information for a user, without sending a special command through the chat window (unless you update it yourself, and then it becomes pointless)
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
04-03-2008 08:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus! Profile
The contact card has other information that the one I suggest. I agree that it would be hard to have such a feature. Anyway, here is what it would look like

.png File Attachment: New Picture.PNG (53.79 KB)
This file has been downloaded 142 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-03-2008 at 09:34 PM by Basilis.
04-03-2008 09:33 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Seems like a nice idea, but cant you just check your contacts' MSN profile page?
04-04-2008 01:40 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus! Profile
Many contacts do not have one and also I think it would be much nicer if it was done by Plus! since it would be much more organised
04-04-2008 12:44 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
IMO Plus! should find a way to send protocol messages. Custom messages are ignored by the client, but Plus! could interpret them to allow things like this to happen
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-04-2008 01:46 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
but cant you just check your contacts' MSN profile page?
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Many contacts do not have one ...
Then why do they use this Plus! Profile thing?

I think new Windows Live profile serves all of these things. Even you can subscribe for the updates or when they update it, you can see the gleam next to their names in contact list. The only thing which I don't like is that, even if I write some personal notes in my "Contact Information" page of my profile like my grades, those writings aren't being updated on my contacts' sides who subscribed to my contact updates. Let someone who cares it, request it from Windows live team.
04-06-2008 11:59 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Indeed, why would people, who don't use the build-in profile ability of Windows Live, use the profile page from Plus!?

All that it would do is add yet another page which people need to fill in, while there is already the exact same thing.

As for sending messages via the protocol, dunno,. Patchou has said in the past he wont do that. Biggest reason being that you could screw things up with that. The protocol might ignore custom messages right now, but it might not do so anymore in futur versions, or whatever change might occur in the futur. Tampering with the protocol like that isn't such a good idea. Sniffing existing messages is one thing, but activly sending stuff is something entirly different. It would be another reason for people to complain; "Plus! fuxored my WLM connection"...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-06-2008 07:14 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Added to that, I don't want Microsoft to send me an invoice for the bandwidth I'd use ;).

Windows Live Messenger has its own profile window, I suggest you all use it, that's why the profile stuff from Plus! 3 was removed too.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-11-2008 03:02 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: