I would vote fot the PS3 lol I have both so I'd say its a fair argument...
Here's what I like about the PS3:
- Free online
- Blu-ray player (currently the best one on the market for its price)
- Sixaxis controllers is fun
- You can put linux on it (and use it as a pc lol)
- You can use any standard usb keyboard and mouse to play some games
- Though it's debatable that the xbox 360 has a better gfx card, the ps3 has a far better proccesor, so the physics in the game would be far superior.
- and if you get this cat controller, it's just like the xbox 360 one (i have it) and it's far better than the original one
- It has wireless built in
What I like about the xbox 360:
- Online is far better
- Far more games
- The slightly older games that got proted over to ps3 look much better on the xbox than the ps3
- The controller is much much nicer - it hugs your hand
- It doesn't look like a toaster (lmao)
- It doesn't pick up fingerprints and dust easily (the ps3 does)
- Slightly cheaper
That's all i can think of really for the moment (it was off the top of my head) and i'd just like to say one thing
Sony are developing PS3 Home, which is like a bit netowrk of players, where you can go to each others flats etc and play pool. It's really quite cool all the stuff they're doing, check out some of the features here:
Wiki's entry about PS3 home
And another thing, the games will be getting better and better with the ps3 because the developers in the games can't get the full power out of the gfx card yet because it hasn't been out long enough and the coding system ps3 implemented is overly complicated.
Hope I helped