What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » messages get lost with skinning in xp

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
messages get lost with skinning in xp
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: messages get lost with skinning in xp
I'm probably going to be totally wrong here, but I have a question to ask :

When someone actually applies as skin, that has all of the possible images and information changed from the original WLM skin, does it affect the program's name in anyway?

The reason I ask this is simple : I installed the Apple skin on my sister's computer, and once installed, WLM would just not log-in anymore, I've taken off the skin, and it did work instantly.

Now, although it's not suposed to change anything of the Messenger behavior, could it be that if it changes the name of the program, or its proprietes that this could then be blocked by an anti-virus or firewall?
12-24-2007 06:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: messages get lost with skinning in xp
after a long long long test in my office... I maybe have to tell you this... I haven't this problem before installing WLM 9 in this PC, then I decided to uninstall it and downgrade to WLM 8.5... and the problem appeared.. I am not so sure if the problem began in that moment or days after... so I can tell you if the issue is because the uninstalling of WLM 9 and reinstalling of WLM 8.5... but this can be the real reason...

I decided today to install WLM 9 again to do a test... and the test failed... cause with WLM 9 (with MP!L enabled or disabled) my first message to a contact was sent but all the others after that one got lost... so I downgraded again to WLM 8.5 and the problem (without using a skin) began to appear... so I decide to restart messenger disabling MP!L and something very weird happened... all worked right :S...

parallel to this I turned on my laptop (the one is conected wireless to the same proxy server) and the WLM worked perfect with MP!L, and for your surprise SKINNED :S...

so I don't know what the f*** is happening here but is very very very weird... and seems to be a problem with MP!L 4.5 and my office PC (maybe for the installation of WLM 9)...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-17-2008 09:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
danzmann

Keep Walking

60 / Male / Flag
Wink  RE: messages get lost with skinning in xp
Greeetings,

I have experienced the lost of messagens after the succesfull first in the following conditions:

-In my office the firewall blocks port 1863 (*). The WLM tryes that port and, unsuccessfull, tryes port 80 and can estabilish the connection. In that condition, the messages I type in MSGPLUS, only the first one is delivered. The following messages are lost.

-In my home, using the same notebook, without firewall blocking port 1863 (*) the MSGPLUS works fine. No messages lost.

(*) I have monitored the ports using "netstat -a" in command prompt window.  The problem occurs only when using port 80 to establish communication.

Hope my post can help.

Btw, using XP SP2, WLM 8.5, MSGPLUS 4.6.

Regards,

Enio.
04-15-2008 03:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: messages get lost with skinning in xp
same is happening here... but I haven't done those tests my friend... is nice to see that someone is suffering same thing like me... maybe this will bring the attention of patch to solve it...

if this helps my proxy server is using port 8080...

This post was edited on 04-15-2008 at 06:25 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
04-15-2008 06:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: