What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing

Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing
Author: Message:
A-Bite

O.P. Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing
As it says in the title, when my friend sets to away and types what she wants to put into the name tag option, when she clicks personalize its not personalized, it will just change her status to away or what ever she set it too.
No idea why it has started doing this because it was fine about 2 nights ago.
Short of a re-install/repair installation is there anything that can be done?

Another thing too, when you use the commands like /away or /busy you don't get the personalized name dialog box. Is this just me or is it not implimented yet?
04-20-2008 07:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing
Let her disable roaming option of Messenger, Tools>Options>General>Use the same display picture and personal message whereever I sign in. Now, if it still cannot be used, try setting a personal message in Personalized Status window. Can it successfully be set?

For the commands question; there is a dedicated command for Personalized Status window, /persostat. Use it when you need it. Only Away status, not others, can trigger Personalized Status window and only when it is set from Messenger's own menus.
04-25-2008 06:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
A-Bite

O.P. RE: Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing
Nope, didn't work. Shes having to format he pc now anyway, too many viruses. Thats probably why its not working, corrupt file maybe, i dunno. Anyway, thanks for trying
04-26-2008 12:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: