What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Hello again everyone ^^

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Hello again everyone ^^
Author: Message:
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Hello again everyone ^^
cheers for the offer ^^ the time difference might make for a bit of a problem ><  but i've gotta install windows first and have a play before i decide anything.  from looking at the tutorials, not a hell of a lot has changed so hopefully not to hard to get stuck into it.

It would be nice to form a team of perhaps 3 or so people each helping the other out to make some nice polished skins.  also means if one gets bogged down with real life suddenly the other two can pick up the slack, and share the load around.
05-04-2008 01:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Hello again everyone ^^
Ok! Who more can offer to help here?
[Image: Empty.png]
05-04-2008 01:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
Im intrested in helping, im not a great coder (which im not sure if you had to do for the old version, which was just simple reshacking) but im a graphics designer, ill help where i can :).

And 9.0 is a longs way a way. Its designed to be relesed in 2009. But then again, so was Windows Live Messenger 8.5. Lol. It was known as messenger 2008.

Ive been on the scene since 7.5. Not into the skinning scene though. Been visiting mess.be non stop since WLM 8.0 Beta. Fairly good community that is.

Anyway, its great to see another user at the msgplus forums! :D
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
05-04-2008 01:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
Anyway, its great to see another user at the msgplus forums! :D
nice member, you mean... there are so many daily new members... that do nothing at all...

And, yay! Graphics Designer! I'd fit as image editor/coder/tester/user/"whatever-er"

And.... to complete...

I'm still newbie (not noobie anyway... there's a huge difference) to skinning, started it by January/2008 - December/2007, although have some experience with it. Also, I know tons of tricks and tips for GIMP, wich I use on my creations (like that new signature you see... ). "Want some help? ask me!"
05-04-2008 02:03 AM
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
Im working on my second skin. My first one i lost the only copy of by accident :(. Wasnt that great of a skin though, but it had a "humour" engine (i cant spell), that was really awesome, cant be bothered making it again. If you want to see it its at (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80280&pid=879186#pid879186). Its a screenshot. The only thing left of it *sniffle*.

And yes i did mean nice member :P.

05-04-2008 02:07 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
Im working on my second skin. My first one i lost the only copy of by accident :(. Wasnt that great of a skin though, but it had a "humour" engine (i cant spell), that was really awesome, cant be bothered making it again. If you want to see it its at (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80280&pid=879186#pid879186). Its a screenshot. The only thing left of it *sniffle*.

And yes i did mean nice member :P.

Oh! That one... sorry to disappoint you...but only the dashborad/minmaxclose btns were good [if you had them I'd include them on AuLM], but at least they were excellent!

05-04-2008 02:15 AM
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
hey guys ^^  what i would be hoping for is someone who can match me with coding.  bounce ideas off and code together even if it has to be diff timezones.  i'll may install windows today otherwise more than likely tomorrow and get things set up for coding.. i've gotta finish putting the graphic resources together first.  nearly finished getting everything for the contact list.. but there is much more as we all know.
05-04-2008 02:23 AM
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
Yeah i thought it sucked to. Completly ripped off mac messenger :P. The only things i made WERE the open/close things. Lol.

Fizical, if you want messenger 9.0 just ask, i can send it to you if you would like.

This post was edited on 05-04-2008 at 02:29 AM by mattisdada.

05-04-2008 02:23 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fizical
hey guys ^^  what i would be hoping for is someone who can match me with coding.  bounce ideas off and code together even if it has to be diff timezones.  i'll may install windows today otherwise more than likely tomorrow and get things set up for coding.. i've gotta finish putting the graphic resources together first.  nearly finished getting everything for the contact list.. but there is much more as we all know.
I can help with coding. Better when comes to making options inside skin info (look at AuLM, for example... bacground combines with colorizing, while bg has 70 options, and colorize has 2, the result is 140 options... just an example).

The contact list is easy! Hard are the others... and buddy icons!

Oh... timezone won't be a prob. usy hole week, free hole weekend (except for saturday mornings... have tests these days)
05-04-2008 02:33 AM
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
mattisdada - thanks for the offer, don't think i'll skin for 9.0 if it is still a fair way away from release.

Blessedguy - i haven't looked at your work but i will have a look at it for sure.  once i've had the chance to get windows set up etc, and start playing i'll be in contact.

I have finished putting together the graphic resources for the window and contact list.  It will be a messenger:mac skin but with a twist, it will keep some of that mac appeal but come across with another style added to it.  im really liking the outcome of the graphics.  nothing too glossy and over the top.  just nice clean and stylish. 

i will be going to san francisco for a couple weeks late in this month so hopefully i can get a nice chunk done before then.  gotta remember how it is all done which will be fun.  there still is every chance this skin may not get across the line so don't go counting your chickens before they have hatched

This post was edited on 05-04-2008 at 06:29 AM by Fizical.
05-04-2008 06:28 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: