What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5
quote:
Originally posted by Fizical
i might be bringing back the old mac messenger replica we used to make from the old days of theunknown and i. so then we'll have 3 mac skins~ yay~  but as yours looks different from the actual mac program (which i use as an apple boy) then i guess we will have different skins. this is good though because then people have like a medium difference to go for.  keep up the good work ^^
why don't you send us some screenies of the actual messenger: mac ? i'd love to know how it is, and skin exactly like that if possible
[Image: Empty.png]
05-04-2008 01:29 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
it is definitely possible to skin exactly like it, as theunknown and i had done so with the previous version 6.  it looks mostly like the older version with minimal graphics enhancements.  so not much to really show in screens for you.  I'm working in PS at the moment on variants based on themes made for the mac system that were popular (think milk, eternal etc.) and if i do jump into skinning which is looking likely, i'll release all these varients with the original style.  this was a project i had worked on some 2 years ago but thanks to the repeated 8.0 beta releases theuknown and i never got it out.
05-04-2008 01:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5
umm..since your making a messenger for mac 7 clone...ive sadly decide to quit skinning at the moment...and semester 2 is coming..so ill be busy.

So ive decide to to make a coolzee basic plus! skin template pack - is basically everything i learn in skinning and make it easy for noobs to skin wlm..as long they credit me..lol

I KNOW willz is making one..why wait..when you can get mines faster..i least im trying to get it done faster..lol It wont teach how to make a pro skin..but at least u can get a basic completed skin..so noobs dont have to ask questions about the basic things.

edit:

skin template contents:

all the images u need to make a basic completed skin
notes (intstructions..whats what and how u change things) before entering all images and coding

This post was edited on 05-04-2008 at 02:56 AM by coolzee.
05-04-2008 02:47 AM
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
hey don't quit it, i want to see how yours comes out and besides anything could happen, mine may never make it to the streets so to speak.
05-04-2008 02:50 AM
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5
quote:
Originally posted by Fizical
hey don't quit it, i want to see how yours comes out and besides anything could happen, mine may never make it to the streets so to speak.

edit: thanks for chatting with me online..im going back into skinning with the mac skin that im making now....

(Y)

This post was edited on 05-04-2008 at 03:38 AM by coolzee.
05-04-2008 03:01 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5
quote:
Originally posted by coolzee

I KNOW willz is making one..why wait..when you can get mines faster..i least im trying to get it done faster..lol It wont teach how to make a pro skin..but at least u can get a basic completed skin..so noobs dont have to ask questions about the basic things.

edit:

skin template contents:

all the images u need to make a basic completed skin
notes (intstructions..whats what and how u change things) before entering all images and coding

Hey coolzee :P

My Open Live skin is done, I'm just running some final tests and preparing a bit of documentation, so people won't have to wait much longer ;)

But hey the more the merrier when it comes to tutorials and resources.
05-04-2008 12:34 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
My Open Live skin is done, I'm just running some final tests and preparing a bit of documentation, so people won't have to wait much longer ;).
Done?

"Halleluiah!" - finally... i'll send it to my friedns, so that they stop asking me for everysort of skin... hope it goes public soon

Back to topic...

Yeah, coolzee, you shouldn't quit. You know people like your skins, and Mac Live sure won't be a messenger: mac replica (at least not by what I've seen with the screenshot). Release it soon!! =D
Also... busy in the 2nd semester? why? well... opposite hemispher... opposite situation
[Image: Empty.png]
05-04-2008 03:01 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: