What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
Well I just installed it because I like the default skin and just wanted the options, but enabling "Hide voice clips button" makes WLM crash every time I try to open a chat window. 8-)

Apart from that, very nicely done Willz :P

k well took a look at it and the code is right technically, its just one of those buttons wlm does not like to be removed (like email and mobile) so I'll have to change the way I hide it.

Something should be up later today.

*UPDATE Fixed removal code, should all be fine, rather than download the whole skin again, just download the updated 920 definition and place it in the directory.

Updated 920

This post was edited on 05-08-2008 at 05:15 AM by Willz.
05-08-2008 05:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
Maybe a little more beta testers/bug testting before release?
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
05-08-2008 06:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada

Meh I'm only human.

Most of the testing went into seeing if the layout changes I did would not cause bugs (not removal options) since I did chop the hell out of the UI and as of yet there is nothing bugging up without using patching options.

But yeah I mean theres only about 3 ways to remove a button and WLM is really picky on which needs to be used :/ I assumed that the chat window buttons could be removed the easy way but obviously the voice clip button is not one of them (even though in 8.1 it was fine :/ and that was the last time I had done it so I just thought it would be the same but obviously not)

Other skinners will know how inconsistent WLM is when it comes to that sort of stuff. Take the contact search ghost text bug :P that only existed from 8.5 before that it was totally not there :P

This post was edited on 05-08-2008 at 06:56 AM by Willz.
05-08-2008 06:51 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Intresting skin concept. I like it.

You just need to add 9.0 compatibility. Its been a long time since a new build hasnt been released so you dont have to worry about a update.

Now watch you make this 9.0 compatibile and MS releases a new version of 9.0 :P
05-08-2008 07:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada

Meh I'm only human.

Most of the testing went into seeing if the layout changes I did would not cause bugs (not removal options) since I did chop the hell out of the UI and as of yet there is nothing bugging up without using patching options.

But yeah I mean theres only about 3 ways to remove a button and WLM is really picky on which needs to be used :/ I assumed that the chat window buttons could be removed the easy way but obviously the voice clip button is not one of them (even though in 8.1 it was fine :/ and that was the last time I had done it so I just thought it would be the same but obviously not)

Other skinners will know how inconsistent WLM is when it comes to that sort of stuff. Take the contact search ghost text bug :P that only existed from 8.5 before that it was totally not there :P

Yeah i know, but just a quick check mightive been in order. But really good work, sorry if it sounded as if i thought you didnt put alot of time, effort and testing into it.

05-08-2008 08:05 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

You just need to add 9.0 compatibility. Its been a long time since a new build hasnt been released so you dont have to worry about a update.

I don't need to do anything when it comes to 9, if a new build hasn't been released in a long time then that means that the next build that does get released will be something thats drastically different than the previous (on the inside)

Besides 9 has too many random problems when it comes to skinning it as I've said a couple hundred times already.

There is no reason to document and create like I did with 8.5 for Open Live since its going to go down the drain soon enough. So yeah I do not want to hear anything about wlm 9.

not final = not worth it (and no I'm not angry cos someone mentioned 9, just saying thats all :P)

This post was edited on 05-08-2008 at 10:06 AM by Willz.
05-08-2008 10:02 AM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

I don't need to do anything when it comes to 9, if a new build hasn't been released in a long time then that means that the next build that does get released will be something thats drastically different than the previous (on the inside)

Besides 9 has too many random problems when it comes to skinning it as I've said a couple hundred times already.

There is no reason to document and create like I did with 8.5 for Open Live since its going to go down the drain soon enough. So yeah I do not want to hear anything about wlm 9.

not final = not worth it (and no I'm not angry cos someone mentioned 9, just saying thats all :P)

Wouldn't blame you if you where, you spend a lot of time just to help other people and then someone tells you that you didn't work hard enough. I know it would piss me off :)

nice work btw
05-08-2008 12:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
quote:

Wouldn't blame you if you where, you spend a lot of time just to help other people and then someone tells you that you didn't work hard enough. I know it would piss me off :)

nice work btw

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down here people, no need to get up in arms and start a war..... yet. Not until the wars of WLM 9 and WLM 12. Where there two colosal powers will colide and rip the world apart and we have to fight a war for survival or something.... and itl star Willz as the main heroic leader of a small band of rouges trying to stop the war..... and ill be filming it, and get eaten by a pigion or something, iunno. :D.

But back to the point, when WLM9 hits gold(end of 2008 early 2009) do you belive that you will be still on the scene and will make an open source WLM skin again for it? I heard you would get more tied down by Uni, work and stuff......

05-08-2008 01:22 PM
PaUrAzZ

34 / Male / Flag
sound like :)
[Image: 86f267e20f346e5751a66b72b900db4c-10-it.png] www.msntribe.it [Image: 86f267e20f346e5751a66b72b900db4c-10-it.png]
This is My blog of Windows Live Messenger World...
05-09-2008 07:32 AM
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
Is there anything I must do before editing certain images..? When I edit the Toolbar Icons and Window Icons there a no changes.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
05-10-2008 09:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: