What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Is there anything I must do before editing certain images..? When I edit the Toolbar Icons and Window Icons there a no changes.

No all you really need to do is just edit them and it should be fine. I'll take a look at it (probably a tag clashing somewhere, most likely one of the comments since that happened in a really early build). I'll be releasing an update to Open Live in the next few days anyway to add a few new features.

People have requested for me to add control of mouse overs in the contact list so I'll add that as part of the new stuff for 1.0.3.

EDIT:

Well I have found the source of the problem, and it is indeed something really stupid.

Anyway there are two resources which look like they can't be replaced at all without totally screwing a skin up. They aren't major resources at all so there is nothing to worry about, but because they are included in the replace statement it will randomly render a skin useless.

This is the first time I have come across this since it was non-existent in 8.1 and in my testing it did not even come up, nor does it generate a proper skintrace.

Anyway the fix for this is more than a few edits so I will have to make a mandatory update. The next build will be 1.1 it will have a few changes and edits (plus maybe a new thing or two).

Until then you can continue to use Open Live, however please be aware that it may randomly not work.

EDIT #2: 1.1.0 should be up within the next 24 hours, have sent it to Menthix. Also as a side note the 1.1.0 manual is now in a PDF format instead of word.

This post was edited on 05-10-2008 at 12:46 PM by Willz.
05-10-2008 11:27 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
Any chance of just throwing up the new version here for now..? I'm eager on finishing my skin =]

Cheers <3

This post was edited on 05-12-2008 at 08:57 AM by Phillip.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
05-12-2008 08:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
Open Live 1.1.0C

Ok here is a temporary download until Menthix gets the page updated.

EDIT: new 1.1.0 up temporarily. This minor build fixes the Spanish language being randomly not loaded. Thanks felipEx.

This post was edited on 05-14-2008 at 10:06 AM by Willz.
05-12-2008 08:39 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Maybe If you could create a shaped version of Open Live. Or a guide explaining how to create shaped skins. The documentation doesn't explain this so clearly and so there are only 3 shaped skins, including you Batman one. It would be very good for skinning if it was easier to create shaped skins.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
05-16-2008 10:50 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Willz I'm still getting issues with the 9.0 port I'm making, It's just not liking it at all.
05-16-2008 11:23 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Maybe If you could create a shaped version of Open Live. Or a guide explaining how to create shaped skins. The documentation doesn't explain this so clearly and so there are only 3 shaped skins, including you Batman one. It would be very good for skinning if it was easier to create shaped skins.

To be honest I don't really see any point since even if I do make a shaped version It would still require the entire shaping code to be fully rewritten anyway. Because every shaped skin is unique it would mean different shaping code would be needed.

I learnt from just following the example in skinning documentation, thats about as simple as it gets when it comes to shaping so if people don't understand it then what I write won't really clear anything up at all.

I just left the starting point in Open Live, its then up to the skinner to have the interest to try and get one working. I'm not going to do absolutely everything for you guys :P then there wouldn't be any fun in learning.

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Willz I'm still getting issues with the 9.0 port I'm making, It's just not liking it at all.

Ok nile whenever you see me on just let me know what issues you are having and I'll see if I can help, but yeah thats the reason why I did not bother with 9. Just too much random crap not working.
05-17-2008 12:48 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
thats the reason why I did not bother with 9

I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with the contact lists 100X's which we know is bugged anyway
05-17-2008 03:58 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Ok man. I tried and worked something out. The only thing I cannot understand is one. Can you add parts in the window so that you can leave a straight line between the top and the bottom and just add parts in the 4 corners?
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
05-17-2008 01:57 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
Willz, I've got 2 suggestions:

1) Align all the gleams...I find it annoying when the buddies dont line up :S

2) Fix the contact list .ico thing...its all like bordered with black pixels...:S And I'm sure Willz can do something of higher quality than that .ico :P
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6556 days, 23 hours, 7 minutes, 36 seconds ago.

06-06-2008 08:29 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release]Open Live - An open source WLM skin
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Willz, I've got 2 suggestions:

1) Align all the gleams...I find it annoying when the buddies dont line up :S

2) Fix the contact list .ico thing...its all like bordered with black pixels...:S And I'm sure Willz can do something of higher quality than that .ico :P

1: screenshot please.

2: I used the default .ico that come with WLM so it isn't up to me to make them look good, its up to you guys. I can't do all the work for you ;)

This post was edited on 06-07-2008 at 12:43 AM by Willz.
06-07-2008 12:42 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: