What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Blue Screen Error

Blue Screen Error
Author: Message:
yOsHi99

O.P. Blue Screen Error
Everytime I push the video call button or get a video call sent and I accept the blue screen pops up about physical dump memory blah blah blah. Any ideas?
07-01-2008 04:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
square eyes

RE: Blue Screen Error
Sounds like a hardware fault.  Make sure your web cam is properly installed with the correct software. I do think however, it is something to do with your graphics card. Try and reseat your graphics card and sound card (if you have one) and do the ram too while your at it. If your not able, try and seek someone that can do it. Bad connections in sound card have resulted in blue screen errors for me so its worth a try. It's also important to be Microsoft up-to-date too
07-01-2008 07:45 PM
yOsHi99

O.P. RE: RE: Blue Screen Error
quote:
Originally posted by square eyes
Sounds like a hardware fault.  Make sure your web cam is properly installed with the correct software. I do think however, it is something to do with your graphics card. Try and reseat your graphics card and sound card (if you have one) and do the ram too while your at it. If your not able, try and seek someone that can do it. Bad connections in sound card have resulted in blue screen errors for me so its worth a try. It's also important to be Microsoft up-to-date too

Even though it doesn't do it only when I press the video call button?
07-01-2008 10:14 PM
square eyes

Video call opens the webcam and that requires display hardware, I think you'd get that blue screen with other applications too, such as games or even viewing some viideos. This isn't the best place to get help for your problem, I hope this link will stay for you.  pcadvisor.co.uk   register and post question in the help room, they should help you
07-02-2008 09:55 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Don't listen to square eyes.

It's most likely a driver issue with your webcam if it is only happening when the webcam is booted up.

In which case you need to download the latest, and correct, drivers for your webcam(to do so search google for "<model of webcam> drivers" or search the manufacturers websites.)

Ideally the best way to help you out would be if you posted the error code the blue screen gives you.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-02-2008 10:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: