What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and...

An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and...
Author: Message:
NiGHTsC

O.P. An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and...
I used to use this option in msgplus v2xx or v3xx and found it very useful, simple and fast.
any chance to have it back? just open the friend's chat log TXT file instead of the msgplus chat log viewer.
Eg. An option to open either log TXT or to display it in Log Viewer in "Preferences-Coversations-Chat Logging"

Is it possible to save chat log without making a new folder and a new TXT every month when "Save by e-mail" is checked?
One folder where you put all friend's chat log and one TXT for each friend, can we have this option aswell?

Thank you and Thank you.(H)

This post was edited on 05-10-2008 at 04:34 PM by NiGHTsC.
05-10-2008 04:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and...
quote:
Originally posted by NiGHTsC
I used to use this option in msgplus v2xx or v3xx and found it very useful, simple and fast.
any chance to have it back? just open the friend's chat log TXT file instead of the msgplus chat log viewer.
Eg. An option to open either log TXT or to display it in Log Viewer in "Preferences-Coversations-Chat Logging"
See Messenger Plus! Live - Registry Settings for this. To edit your Windows registry, Start>Run>type regedit and OK. Browse for HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Patchou>Messenger Plus! Live>your Windows Live ID>Preferences. In this root, set the ChatLogOpenWithViewer and set its value to 0.
quote:
Is it possible to save chat log without making a new folder and a new TXT every month when "Save by e-mail" is checked?
One folder where you put all friend's chat log and one TXT for each friend, can we have this option aswell?

Thank you and Thank you.(H)
See [request]Logfiles in 1 big dir
05-23-2008 05:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NiGHTsC

O.P. RE: RE: An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and...
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
See Messenger Plus! Live - Registry Settings for this. To edit your Windows registry, Start>Run>type regedit and OK. Browse for HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Patchou>Messenger Plus! Live>your Windows Live ID>Preferences. In this root, set the DWORD key called ChatLogOpenWithViewer and set its value to 0.
quote:
See [request]Logfiles in 1 big dir
quote:
Originally posted by harri
I ran into the exact same problem, as I also used to have all my logs in one folder. However, there is a way around it - select "Save by date" in the logging options and add a String registry key called LogsDateDirFormat under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<your_msn_address_here>\Preferences

...and leave it EMPTY - normally this key would contain a date format pattern by which Plus would create the folders (for a more detailed explanation go to http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry ), but if it's empty, then there's no pattern and hence, no folders. Voilą! :)

Awesome, finally the notepad is back! :D

Thank you (H)

This post was edited on 07-12-2010 at 12:57 AM by NiGHTsC.
05-25-2008 12:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: