What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » suqquestion: disable standard smiley

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
suqquestion: disable standard smiley
Author: Message:
Unrealshade

O.P. suqquestion: disable standard smiley
hi,
you surely recognized that i wrote suqquestion and not suggestion. this is not because i think it's stylish to write q instead of g or because i love Us :D but because i don't know whether this "feature" already exists. i know that stuffplug from "theblasphemer" had a feature like this. but i don't want to install  stuffplug just for this feature. so i searched for a script. but when i enter "smiley" in the search text field no results are found :(

so: 1. is there an option/ feature/ plug-in/ script that disables the standard emotictons of msn? i mean that you write :) and it is not converted into the emoticon but just stay as a : and a ) and i don't want to disable smileys, i just want to type :D without sending a smiley...

2. i have a suggestion: make a script that disalbes them! ;)

ok this would be really cool. thanks for answers!

This post was edited on 05-25-2008 at 06:24 PM by Unrealshade.
05-25-2008 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
RE: suqquestion: disable standard smiley
you can remove the check before: "show emoticons" in the options of messenger:

This post was edited on 05-25-2008 at 04:23 PM by foaly.
05-25-2008 04:22 PM
Unrealshade

O.P. RE: suqquestion: disable standard smiley
ok i edited my post, because it was not clear enough...

thanks, but i only want to send ascii-style smileys like :) ... but i want to use other smileys or even the msn smileys from time to time, for example:

:) (withouth space)

and msn:) results as the standard msn :) smiley...

is this understandable? thanks for answers.
05-25-2008 06:28 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: suqquestion: disable standard smiley
quote:
Originally posted by Unrealshade
ok i edited my post, because it was not clear enough...

thanks, but i only want to send ascii-style smileys like :) ... but i want to use other smileys or even the msn smileys from time to time, for example:

:) (withouth space)

and msn:) results as the standard msn :) smiley...

is this understandable? thanks for answers.
I think I couldn't catch exactly what you say, let me try my chance :).

You can also easily turn the emoticons on and off from conversation window's menu>Tools>Show emoticons. When you want to send the real emoticons (not the shortcuts) turn it on. I think it should be enough.

Also use /noicon command of Messenger Plus! Live. It simulates the "Show emoticons" option is turned off even if it is not in fact.
05-25-2008 07:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Unrealshade

well yea, thx, this helps, but... well how about an example:

i want to write:

"hi! :) how are you? [MSN:)]"

the first :) smiley shall be ascii. the second shall be the standard msn smiley.

so what i want is to delete the msn smileys completely, but add them again with another combination. for example MSN:) for the standard :) smiley. like custom emoticons.

the thing is, i don't like the msn emoticons, but want to use my custom emoticons. if i type /noicon i can't use my custom emoticons anymore...

thanks again!! :)

edit: you could also say: i want to disable/ delete the STANDARD MSN emoticonts, but NOT any other smileys. or redefine the shortcuts for the standard msn smileys.

This post was edited on 05-25-2008 at 08:24 PM by Unrealshade.
05-25-2008 08:06 PM
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
you can remove the check before: "show emoticons" in the options of messenger
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
You can also easily turn the emoticons on and off from conversation window's menu>Tools>Show emoticons. When you want to send the real emoticons (not the shortcuts) turn it on. I think it should be enough.
No, that doesn't work. This only disables the display of emoticons on your side, your contact will still see the emoticons if he has the "show emoticons" option enabled.

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Also use /noicon command of Messenger Plus! Live. It simulates the "Show emoticons" option is turned off even if it is not in fact.
Not true at all. This command will only work if your contact has Messenger Plus! installed. What it does is put a special character in front of your message and when your contact receives it and he has Plus! installed, he will see ":)" instead of ":)". If your contact doesn't have Messenger Plus!, he will see a special symbol followed by your message and will see the emoticons.

Using the /noicon command would 'hide' every emoticon (including custom emoticons) in the message, which is not what Unrealshade wants.

As far as I know, there is no plug-in/script/option which does exactly you want.

quote:
i know that stuffplug from "theblasphemer" had a feature like this.
StuffPlug 3 doesn't have a feature to turn off the default MSN emoticons but it does have a feature to override the default emoticons with custom emoticons. It can only override the default emoticons with other custom emoticons, but it can't disable them (i.e. display the code instead of the image).

The only option I can think of at the moment to "disable" MSN's standard emoticons would involve installing StuffPlug 3:
You could use Photoshop/Paint to create custom emoticons consisting of the emoticon codes, i.e. gifs (with a transparent background) that look like :) and :( and all the other default emoticons.
Then you could use StuffPlug and set the default MSN emoticon codes to use those custom emoticons.

This post was edited on 05-25-2008 at 09:39 PM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
05-25-2008 09:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Unrealshade

thx, that was impressive :)

is it possible to create a script that disables the standard msn smileys? (and not replaces)

if not, can we somehow contact the msn developers? :P
05-29-2008 09:28 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Thank you andrey, you corrected many things that I am mistaken.

Unrealshade, as far as I test, even if you disable the standard emoticons at your side with any option/feature/script/plugin, your contacts will still see the default real emoticons instead of your disabled emoticon shortcuts like :) or custom emoticons assigned to that shortcut, like;

hi :), how are you ? :)

I mean whenever you send the default emoticons' shortcuts, your contacts will always see the Messenger's default emoticons and will not know what you see in your own window so what will be the benefit of all these efforts :)
These are wrong :(

This post was edited on 05-30-2008 at 12:42 PM by ahmetgns.
05-30-2008 05:43 AM
Unrealshade

what does that mean, these are wrong? is it possible then? and how do we contact the developers? there are more things i want to ask them :P for example why every picture is stretched to 19*19 if it is not gif and even the ones which are smaller than 19*19! ...
05-30-2008 10:29 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
what does that mean, these are wrong?
I wrote those sentences after testing at only one computer, then I tried it with a messenger friend and noticed that, what I wrote is wrong. So I stroke those sentences out because they are wrong. Don't even read them :)

http://support.live.com

http://help.live.com

http://feedback.live.com (also from Messenger menu>Help>Send feedback)

You choose among these.... Also I believe you may find many threads about that in this forum.
05-31-2008 05:35 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: